The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:46 pm 
I have a set of five Compomotive CXN alloy wheels for sale. The pictures below only depict four, but there is definitely a fifth wheel in the depths of the garage!

The wheels are 6J X 14" and have a 5" backspace. Four centre caps and matching badges are included. They are not the same as the wheels that were fitted to the MG Montego/Maestro models, but have a similar cross-spoke design.

Aside from the colour (sorry...I'll spare you an explanation/excuse... :roll: ) all of the wheels will require reconditioning and restoration. All of them hold air well, but the tyres (185/60s) are old and must be considered as scrap. If the wheels are collected, I am happy to give a set (four) of virtually unused 165/70 tyres to the buyer. The 165s would only increase the rolling radius by 1" when compared with either a full profile 155 on a 4.5J rim, or 175/70 on a (Sprint) 5.5J rim.

These wheels were originally ordered by the owner of a much-modified 1300 FWD. Having offered them up to Bruce's similar model, I can categorically state that they will not fit a 1300 (or 1500) FWD model without work. They do however fit very well on RWD derivatives. There are no clearance issues at all on the front and they fit comfortably on the rear. I would counsel against using the 185/60 size though, as they are a little wide in the rear arch tubs, resulting in them being too close to the inner-wing. I got round this by spacing them slightly, but then that makes the rear studs appear a little short. The net result is: they fit fine but put skinnier tyres on them! :wink: Happily the wheels have pressed stainless collars pressed into them, so standard (non-HL) wheel nuts can be utilised. This avoids what can often be a considerable expense.

These are ideal as alternative to other ubquitous alloys and, being 14", visually fill the arches nicely. They are also useful if you intend to fit larger brakes or different calipers.

£150.00, collection from Bournemouth please. I am happy to prepare them for your courier if I can. I am happy to accept payment either by cheque or via PayPal 'Gift', whichever the buyer prefers.

Please contact me via PM if interested.

Thank you. :D

IMG_1485

IMG_1486

IMG_1487

IMG_1488

IMG_1490

IMG_1491

IMG_1492

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:47 am 
Bump!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 pm 
Bump!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:53 pm 
TDC Member

I think they would've got a considerable response if they weren't pink! :lol:

CA18DET Turbo Sprint - 280hp
Toledo Race Car

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:42 am 
I think you're right Dan! :lol: Still, an unusual set of 14s for someone.

Offers considered. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:52 pm 
Bump!

Just imagine them not pink...ahem... :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:05 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Bump!

Just imagine them not pink...ahem... :roll: :lol:
Hi, are these still for sale? Old thread I know

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:39 pm 

Jim doesn't post on this Forum, if I remember I will ask him for you when we speak next which will be in the next couple of weeks.

Here they are in their pre pink days being worn by a 1500SE...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm 

Thankyou :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:29 pm 
I just need to add that the reason for Jim not posting on the forum is due to it being blocked by the server where he is currently, not through his own choice not to post here, in fact he has asked me to pass on his best wishes to all forum users.

I hope this clarifies his position.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 pm 

The wheels are still available, PM me if you want any details.

That are in Bournemouth and can make there way as far north as Fleet and possibly further if TDC courier service is required.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:18 pm 

Quote:
I just need to add that the reason for Jim not posting on the forum is due to it being blocked by the server where he is currently, not through his own choice not to post here, in fact he has asked me to pass on his best wishes to all forum users.

I hope this clarifies his position.
I said that Jim doesnt post on this fourn which is he doesnt I have never inferred any reason as to why he doesnt. I am sorry if anyone misunderstood my simple statement and decided to make up thier own minds as to why.
The wheels have now been sold thanks to me putting the buying in contact with Jim but next time I wont bother making any comments or helping anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:21 pm 
Please yourself.

You seem very lucky to contact him, everytime I have tried he has his phone switched off.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:45 pm 

Well thankyou to all partys, they are currently being worn by my Toledo :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:11 pm 

I know this is a very old thread but has anybody some of these centre caps for sale? I can't find any used caps and compomotive doesn't produce these anymore. On ebay there is just one single cap for sale. But I need four :mrgreen: