Got a bit more done.
The replacement battery came in the post today so I got it fitted. I had to flip the clamp 180 degrees but it worked.
I've got No. 1 cylinder at in the right place for the firing stroke. I took the camshaft cover off to make sure that both valves were closed (the cam lobes are both NOT pointing down). While the camshaft cover was off, I decided to clean and paint it.
I'm going to laqueur it. The paint I used needs 24 hours to harden so I'll do it tomorrow.
Some of you had problems viewing the photos (I did it though Google) so I've gone back to good 'ol Flickr.
West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the 1st Wednesday of every month at The Hollies Sports & Social Club, 12 Hough Lane, Bramley, Leeds, LS13 3NE
Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - The rolling restoration)
Citroën C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 HDi Exclusive (MA08 WCL - the modern)
Volkswagen Polo Twist (PK54 JYG - just passed the MoT)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!
Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing."