I'm having a short break from the stress of pounding around building sites in Turkey (I have to go back on the 14th). Anyhow looking for some R&R I had a go at PYD this week. I decided that while the engine was out I should have a look at doing what I won't be able to do when the engine is back in.
So had a look at the state of the front underside -
It's not dreadfull but I decided that it wouldn't hurt to scrape back all of that surface rust and prime and paint it. So off came the subframe -
I have a bag load of spare bushes etc so I thought that I'd spruce up the suspension. Stripped the sub frame and dropped it and all of the other bits to the powder coaters that I use. Also took the steels to be recoated in silver.
When I started to clean back the rust it wasn't long before the "law of sod" attended and what looked like solid arches presented those tell tale little holes. You will see that a hole has also appeared in the nose of the sill. -
Every where else is very solid, pretty much perfect -
The lamp panel had some metal moth but this was repaired together with the accident damage. You may be able to make out the plating on the back -
Anyway, I didn't have time to take that welding course yet or buy a mig welder so the plan is to paint the good bits, get the car back together & then it can pay another visit to the MIG.
Going to visit 969 on Thursday so another update iminent.