The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 pm 
Hi all, I am sending out an SOS, I have a 1980 sprint that I am about to restore, the problem is the family member who was going to teach me the mechanical side (as we go) is very ill and will take a long time to recover. I want to start the resto straight away but I have a very limited understanding of engines and the sprint isn’t running, from looking at it, the problem is the rockers and shaft ( some of them have fractured), but as this needs doing then I just as well rebuild the head. Is there anyone out there who lives in the area of Bridgwater Somerset or Somerset who could spare some time, assist me, help me, show me or come and give me advise. I really don’t want a garage doing the work as I want to be part of it. To me its all about saving a classic and then enjoying it. So if there is anyone out there who would be willing to help please let me know.

Kind regards
Martin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:00 pm 
Hiya Martin, well done for wanting to tackle the oily bits. Hopefully you will get a response before too long.

Good luck.

Ken

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:03 pm 
TDC Member

It's ok Ken, all is in hand. I went to see Martin yesterday evening & even whipped his head off for him. :D

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:56 pm 
Thanks ken and mart. will be taking the engine out as soon as i can and get hold of an engine lift. Will see whats what when its out. it will not beat me!!!!!! :lol: .

Martin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 pm 
TDC Member

Martin, Hows your restoration going?, just noticed your in Bridgwater, I go that way a fair bit as my Sister lives in Chilton Trinity. I live at Curry Rivel and am trying to recover my 1850, very slowly, I may add.
Regards George.