The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: JYP sprint
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:13 pm 
I have not driven it for any length to know how it handles, but I have poly bushed it all round and got some sticky tires to go on so it should handle well

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:06 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

I know my vision is gin impaired...... but that engine looks fantastic!!!!

Awesome! :D

2023 Porsche 911 Carrera T Manual!!
2021 Toyota Yaris GR-Four
2011 Super Skoda Fabia 1.2 S HTP

Gone but not forgotten 2008 BMW M5 (E61) Touring (George, as in Best, as it likes a Drink) to be replaced soon...... Epic epic car

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:16 am 
Thanks but unfortunately I cannot take all the credit because the block came from mad mart, and the head was refurbed at bill richards racing I just put it all together.If you like the engine You will definitely like the brakes I had made as soon as I get them built up I will post some more pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 pm 
Long time and no update so here goes, my kitchen is now finished so all funds now heading back towards the dolomite.Bodywork is coming along well all of the welding is nearly complete and they are starting to prep areas.Mechanically all the running gear is now rebuilt powder coated and shiny just need to get a good set of carbs polished up(any ideas who to use?).
I have also purchased a car trailer as hiring one is 45 a day and i need to get the car home then to the trimmers then home again and a trailer came up locally so i got it ready for the long awaited rebuild.I have now moved all the running gear to my other garage so that i can get the various black interiors out of the loft and sort out a good set of seats ready to go into jyp.
Still trying to clear various electrical equipment from my garage ready for my cars return so if anybody wants anything let me know as all money raised goes on the dolomite resto and i could do with the space

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm 
I thought you had about 300 garages to use though mate? Lol :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 pm 
you caught me out :oops: i just want to sell off all the electrical bits without having to tolerate people at boot fairs wanting to pay 50p for a £100 heating kit etc......Stick with your project it looked good when you came up to my place to pick up your sprint alloys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:29 pm 
Its finally coming home, i have been told they want the room so the bodyshop are going to crack on and get it back to me in around three weeks so now need my garage at home cleared out asap anyone for electrical items like sockets heating kits lights etc give me a pm.I will post more pics as more happens :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:24 pm 
TDC Member

Hi Lee

Good to here some progress :D
Would love to come and see what a shell should look like!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:54 pm 
TDC Member

Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing this progressing!

1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50 (project)
2001 Rover 75 2.5-litre V6

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm 

You and me both it was one of my favourite cars.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:18 pm 
No longer think this is going to happen as I went to the body shop today to find the shell sitting round the back covered in old car parts looking worse than when it went in. I tried to stay calm and chat about the lack of progress to which i just seemed to get fobbed off with the same old answers from the guys who work there, I will speak to my "friend"who is the owner of the bodyshop Monday and get the car back to my house. It has been I think 3years since it went in and all that has been done is the roof, floor and sills. I do think this will be the end of this project as getting the shell finished else where will cost more than I can afford so I will asses what I have put together parts wise and possibly sell as a job lot :(

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:04 pm 
TDC Member

So what now needs doing to the shell?

Just paint,or does it still need welding/ prep doing?

You can't give up after all this time!

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:10 pm 
It still needs the front floors doing then prep/ paint but the project as a whole just seems to keep disappointing with anyone that works on the car having a attitude of "it's just a dolomite" and if I cannot afford/have the skills to do it correctly I would prefer not to do it at all

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:37 pm 
Collected my shell today and it's far worse now than ever before, the good doors I supplied are now ruined and the areas that were repaired have rusted where they were left bare metal. Both front floor pans still need doing and one cill along with now lots of local repairs. Also some of the panels seem to be missing too as my new headlamp panels are no longer in the car and they certainly have not been fitted. It came to a head when I decided to take a look at the car( first time in a while) and basically was told why waste money on a dolomite so I took the decision to bring it home and decide what route to take now. I am really at a lost as to what to do as when I first had quote for the bodywork it seemed out of my price range and now seeing as the car is worse than then I don't think I will be able to continue. I will post pictures on hear as soon as I get chance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:02 pm 
TDC Member

Have a chat with Derek Wadsworth (Autonet7) in Guildford, he did a ton of welding on my Spitfire last year and has restored a few Dolomites for members here, so comes with a big thumbs up from me..

http://www.autopride.co.uk

1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50 (project)
2001 Rover 75 2.5-litre V6

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next