This weekend i've had a rest from wiring and done some spannering!
Removed the slave subframe and fitted the modified one I prepared earlier with all NOS rubber bushes plus solid rack mounts. I'm not going to polybush except for the column bush and tie bar bushes front and rear as I want to keep a compliant ride.
I bought some new springs and nearly new shox from Ian ages ago, they have what look like BL labels on them (indecipherable unfortunately) but they are about an inch shorter in free length and slightly thicker in the coils than the originals I removed from the old legs.
Any info (or guesses) as to what they are welcomed. I fitted a pair of rubber top bushes between them and the topmounts since I had a pair in good condition. Only time will tell what the ride height will be like! I'm hoping to avoid the expense of ASP shox this time, but with all the mods, it's futile even trying to guess at spring rates and ride heights till I can get the fully fitted out car back on it's wheels!
Next to go on, 4 nearly new balljoints and 2 nearly new track rod ends, courtesy of that 1500HL Auto I broke recently. That car just keeps on giving! And finally, my 256mm uprated TJ Vented disc kit.
I've got late Puma caliper carriers on and Puma calipers and pads to go with them, but only the used ones I took off a breaker ATM. nearer completion time, i'll trade them in for some recon calipers and new pads
Not too bad for a couple of afternoons steady progress.
I reckon next weekend i'll get the engine crane back home and go for a first try fit of the power unit in the hole!
At this stage, I have finally decided to abandon the PAS installation pro tem. I've put a standard rack on instead of the quick rack (which will now go on the Carledo) and i'll see how this drives without power steering, which was mainly for SWMBO's benefit anyway. With her back in the state it's in, it seems vanishingly unlikely that she will ever drive it anyway. She can't currently drive her Picasso more than a handful of miles without too much pain.