The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:00 pm 
Been a while since i posted an update so here goes.

Haven't really been able to crack on with MWK as much as i would have wanted to as a new job and new hours means time is limited in the evening to get in the garage so i'm only really only getting weekends and with Christmas etc....

Anyway, since my last post i have replaced all panels except one door........don't ask i don't know why it didn't get fitted but i have since placed the car on axle stands to replace brakes and other various bits and bobs.

Front brakes came apart very easily considering they may have never been apart since leaving the factory, flex's off, calipers off, hubs off to split to get at the discs. On the rears again its all came off easily except one brake cylinder and someone had butchered the union at some point, this resulted in a new brake pipe having to be made.

I have all the parts needed to rebuild the brakes including new CV joints and tie bar bushes, the bushing themselves were knackered and had resulted in very worn tie bars and sub-frame, i have repaired the tie bars and will repair the subframe in due course before it all goes back together.

Along with the brakes i also need to replace the throttle rod bushes in the bulkhead which is a pig of a job but having helped replace them on the famous KAC i do have a vague idea how to do it the easy way!!

Doing the brakes is the last big mechanical job left to do, apart from interior and other sundry items little MWK is nearing the road and will hopefully make her debut at the Triumph 90th bash at Gaydon!!

photos as always......

happy with the panel gap it didnt exsist before i fitted the new valance

Nathan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:08 pm 
Looking good!