The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sprint still ongoing.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:18 am 
TDC Member

Good morning.
My goodness has it really been so long since my last post on here????Anyway things are still chugging along slowly and have reached the rear window surround which has a hole needing repair then under the underside where there is still a couple of really rotten mountings where the trailing arms attach which are going to require making new unless someone has a foot square piece of underfloor both sides from a scrapped car they can cut off and sell me.Also I see Rimmers do the two pieces (underneath each side) to make good the rot unless of course someone on here has the parts to sell to me.I have to say the car is looking really well if you stand and look with one eye shut.Makes a difference to see shiny steel where there used to be rusty holes.Can't bring myself to think of how much has been spent so far but I am sure it will all be worth it.When it is finished all I need do is decide which car to let go.I always enjoyed driving the sprint and surprising other drivers but I have bought a stop-gap car in the form of another wolf in sheeps clothing,Mazda 6 MPS currently the quickest car I have ever driven.
Will be in touch again with requests for more missing parts.

Michael.