The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sprint VA15234 DL
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:51 am 
We finally got to pick up the Sprint in October 2015 from Millicent in South Australia and the journey was a great weekend away and the Jeep with it's new heads preformed great not missing a bet , as for the Sprint it is now under restoration .
Since starting to resto I have found lots of rust , mostly the fire wall and cowl panel , the nose panel also accident damage to the nose and radiator support panel and front guards lower rear section , at this stage I have cut out the rust in the top of both door pillars and lower windscreen pillars and replaced the cowl panel with a better used item once the rust was repaired as the old one was to far gone and I am working on the fire wall above the gearbox and to the left of the gearbox tunnel .
Cheers will post pics soon .
Larry

Post subject: Re: Sprint VA15234 DL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 pm 
TDC Member

Maryborough hasn't been the same since the drive through bottle stop on Victoria Street got demolished. No, I've never been but isn't Google street view an amazing thing!

Good luck with your restoration!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3