That was my car, I built it from a road car in the late 1990s... I've come over all funny now!
Think I got it in about 1996, bought from a bloke in Lightwater or Bagshot in Surrey, did the Club Triumph RBRR that year (lots of minor problems all the way round), then around 1997-8 started playing with it, bought a rotted-out Sprint as a donor car and converted it to Sprint power.
It started life as burgundy with the tan interior, and was the absolute spitting image of what had been my first proper car, way back in the mid 1980s. When I bought it, it was solid and just needed new tyres and brake hoses to get it MoT'd and I ran it as my daily car for a while (though horrified at how 'odd' it felt when compared with contemporary cars!)
It might be that the block/short motor is the original one, it was always a bit smokey at idle but ran clean when you opened the throttle. I put a Detroit Locker into it, it sounds as if the diff in there now is not that one! The DL simply locks up under power, unlocks completely when you lift off. So you simply get tones of oversteer everywhere! I put in a mild cam and the HS8s, plus the later 12-vane pump. On the rollers it was showing something like 115bhp at the wheels. Never had any cooling problems, it always ran at a steady temperature.
It never ever had nitrous injection though!
I found that (from memory) Subary Justy front discs fitted the hub nicely, same diameter and PCD, though the spigot needed opening out by about 1mm (small job for the machine shop at work) to fit. The Princess calipers went on easily too, and I was always happy with the brakes.
Can't remember a lot about the suspension, I think I put poly bushes in for everything that I could which was the radius arm, top wishbone and ARB, and all the rears, but I couldn't get the TCA inner bush in poly. I'd tried a Triumphtune solid rack mount on a previous Dolly Sprint rally car and it used to bend racks for a hobby, so I stuck with rubber mounts on this one. The springs were custom-made (about 300lb in the front, 220 or so at the back from memory), think I had Koni dampers all round.
I put the cage in, seam-welded the engine bay and (I think) the main seams inside/underneath, plus a fire-wall where the back seat was and a Spitfire tank above the axle - it raised the COG slightly but better than having the tank right where you'd smack it if you went off. I put in Perspex for the rear screen, rear side and door windows, and a Triplex Ten-Twenty laminated screen in the front. The front wings were rotten so GRP wings went on and the front looked reasonably tidy then!
It was a handful, but boy was it fun to drive. I may have a few more photos of it early on, if you're interested