It has been ages since I did an update and quite a lot has been going on.
RUK has been running pretty much every day doing the school run, add into that two trips up and down the M40 and it has been a busy car!
The trackerjack brakes are now fitted and in the auto they definately work better. The biggest thing I have noticed is that it now takes less effort to stop the car when running on choke in the traffic.
The other thing is that it will cruise all day at an indicated 80mph now and after running up and down the M40 a couple of times the engine is running really sweet.
I have removed the MGF seats as I do prefer the look of the originals and they are actually much more comfortable.
If you have seen the car at the NEC and Stoneleigh recently you will know that I have found and fitted some door pockets and speaker pods, these actually reinforce the bottom of the door cards, mine were quite wavy and coming away from the door and fit perfectly, with some flocking they will look like they were meant for the car.
You also have the benefit of not only having a nice door pocket but somewhere to mount some 13cm speakers. They don't interfere at all with your feet placement, I have been driving around with them in for a few weeks now and I dont even knock them when getting in and out for the car.
RUK also made an appearance at both the NEC and Stoneleigh on the club stands doing a great job of transporting the regalia around as well.
In terms of its health RUK has developed a few oil leaks. The rear crankshaft oil seal is leaking profusely, the front oil seal leaks, and there is a bad oil leak from the water pump, uses no water at all though. After a long run of about 120 miles I am having to put in quite a bit of oil.
The rear axle pinion seal also has a bad oil leak and the rear wheel bearings need replacing and there is quite a bit pf play in there steering.
I also need to go over the auto box and drop the sump to replace the pump strainer and check the brake band tensions as on the way back from the NEC there was some difficulty changing from 2nd to 3rd.
So I may as well drop the subframe and pull the engine and box out plus the rear axle, repair the oil leaks and replace the bushes and ball joints at the same time.
Not wanting to start and argument but I am not putting in polybushes, I drive this car every day and do long distances as well and polys will ruin it.