The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:12 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:22 pm 
Offline
TDC Member

Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 5:28 pm
Posts: 152
Location: NANTWICH.
Quote:
That's because your bleed screw is below the inlet on the slave. If you reverse them it will bleed more easily.

When I do 1850's I just run a rubber pipe from the bleed screw venting into the master reservoir. Few pumps soon has all the air out.

You'll know next time....:-) though I have often mentioned this trick before. Its sooooo cool when you do it first time...


Jonners
You beat me to that trick Jonners :D
It would have drip bled on that set up as well, just keep m/cyl topped up and no pumps needed :D
Marinas used to have the same problem :wink:
Cheers, Tony.

_________________
NOW A CLUB MEMBER 2017057 :bluewave:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am 
Offline
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:45 pm
Posts: 11461
Location: Middlesex
Lovely shiney hose and slave cylinder too....

Sadly cant say the same for the brake pipe coming out of the 4 way splitter or does it look worse in the photo than in real life?

Sure it will get any necessary attention in due course....

Excellent pics as always too. The trouble is the standard is so high I find it intimidating....:-) so I'll just comment from the gallery and
not submit any of my own....(not that much is going on atm).

Jonners

_________________
If I haven't done it in or to a dolomite, I know somebody who has....


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 am 
Offline
TDC Spares Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Hampshire
Quote:
Lovely shiney hose and slave cylinder too....

Sadly cant say the same for the brake pipe coming out of the 4 way splitter or does it look worse in the photo than in real life?

Sure it will get any necessary attention in due course....
Yes, all of the brake and fuel pipes will be removed and replaced. I thought I'd do this when the engine's out to save myself a bit of hassle.
Quote:
Excellent pics as always too. The trouble is the standard is so high I find it intimidating....:-) so I'll just comment from the gallery and
not submit any of my own....(not that much is going on atm).

Jonners
Thanks, but the trouble is that I think everyone expects so much of me now! :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
TDC Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:45 pm
Posts: 1241
Location: East Lothian, Scotland
Quote:
When I do 1850's I just run a rubber pipe from the bleed screw venting into the master reservoir. Few pumps soon has all the air out.

You'll know next time....:-) though I have often mentioned this trick before. Its sooooo cool when you do it first time...

Jonners
I love that tip. I have to sort the hydraulics on my 1300 clutch, so will try this!

_________________
1959 TR3A, 1970 Triumph 1300, 1974 Toledo
Image Thanks Photobucket :(


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
TDC Spares Officer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Hampshire
So a small but rather big update!

DTR has been entered in to the 2018 Round Britain Reliability Run!

Better get her running then! :lol:


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited