The head had a minor bit of corrosion that needed a dab of weld, some would say 'just skim it', I don't want to do that. It's a good head and by welding it we always allow any future skimming that may be needed.
The head has then been faced, not skimmed and given a thorough wash.
Valves are lapped, so its back into the workshop for assembly with new springs, followers and a new cam.
I admit that the first time it went together I got the bearing caps the wrong way round and the cam wouldn't turn, but after sorting that it turns beautifully with plenty of cam lube on it!
The valve clearance problem was resolved by a bit of tipping and the clearances have been set.
I set TDC on the engine properly, put the front cover on temporarily and aligned the marks on the front pulley.
Fitted the timing gear, German chain and a genuine Reynold tensioner.
When I fitted the head I was expecting to have to redrill the timing sprocket but it aligns correctly.
Fitted a brand new water pump and bush, this is with a ceramic ring so it should give no problems
Plus a new fuel pump which required a spacer.
On to the dizzy, I stripped it ready to be fitted with Lumenition Optronic ignition
New nos cap and rotor arm
Then it was on to just getting all of the ancillaries fitted.
Then a sketchy lift and roll out of the workshop ready to have the flywheel and clutch fitted which I forgot to photo!
Gearbox fitted and it is ready to go back into the car!