No word on the engine yet but we do have a couple of weeks to go, if I have to I'll take it to the NEC and reassemble it there!
In the meantime I have cleaned and shot some colour onto the engine bay to touch up the areas that were rubbed through when I removed the Ziebart. I didnt mask the wires as I'll have to strip them back to repair an earth that is damaged and to wire in the halogen headlights properly.
The subframe has had the overspray cleaned off and I'll pull the subframe bolts one by one, clean them and replace the suspension turret nuts.
I have also thoroughly cleaned and refitted the bulkhead pad.
Stripped the repair wings and front valence back to bare metal and gave it a light coat of acid etch just to protect the metal. I'll try and get some filler on today, I'll need to remove the primer where I fill though.
All the trim is now clean, polished and ready to be refitted
I had a go at cutting and polishing the bootlid to see how the paint would react. It has come up quite well, not great, the photo hides some of the marks in the paint but it is old paint and has rubbed through in a couple of areas but I like the patina. If the whole car comes up the same way I'll be happy and it should look really good with polished trim and bumpers.