Before I start paint prep it's time to have a good organise and tidy up. Have carefully stripped all the trim that needed to come off ready to polish up.
The D posts are both good, the OS one has some very minor surface rust
I repaired the boot latch and realigned the boot. Where I thought that there was filler is actually a bad repair, it looks like the rear end had had a minor impact and just needs a bit more dressing and some welding to make it good.
Tyres have now been inflated and I have swept the drive where I was welding!
Hoovered the inside out, that will receive a wet vac and a deep clean when the weather is warmer. Hoovered the boot out as well. Boot floor looks fine, need to find a grommet to the fuel tank drain hole.
When cleaning out the boot I found this in one of the reinforcers below the rear window shelf.
Inside.... a spare set of car keys!
I now have a full set! I'm wondering whats under the back seat, will have to pull it up!
The rear lights are out, the night dimming resisters were disconnected/bypassed, I'll reinstate those.
Then I started with the engine bay cleanup, stage one ziebart removal!
A huge amount of scrubbing with thinners and scraping got me this far, it was really thick! The engine bay will need a respray as it has pulled some of the paint off but I'm now worried about that, it does look so much better and cleaner without it on.
I just need to remove the rest, thanks to Lee who suggested tar remover, I tried some and it's worked a treat on the last bits. I'll get the rest off with a scuff pad, degrease and it will be ready for masking and painting.