Now that ERO is basically finished (I'm just waiting on a couple of bits and the MOT) I can get on with YGD.
The first thing to do is to reassemble to car fully to the point that I can get it MOT'd if I wanted. It may seem counterproductive to assemble a car then take it apart but by doing this I can see whats missing, what needs fixing and have a good solid baseline to start at.
So first job, brakes!
It has new pipes on it, checked them all and they are fine, braided hoses as well as a bonus! Found the master cylinder, checked it over and fitted it. I cant bleed the brakes as I have lost the locking wheelnut key (I cant remember if Davey gave it to me!), not a problem as they arent difficult to remove, just need to weld a nut to them.
Clutch master in with new seals, connected to slave, reservoir fitted.
Steering column connected and tightened up
The loom was a mess, a lot of the tape had been removed and over the years various repairs had been made so I removed it to asses and repair.
On to the engine, pulled it out from the back of the garage and removed the inlet manifold to have a look at the carbs. Fitted the manifold, down pipe and starter (forgot the starter spacer plate doesn't matter at this stage!) Checked the clutch, it really needed replacing so I changed the plate, and slotted the engine into the bay!
This is where I encountered the first problem, the vast majority of the threads on the adaptor ring are stripped so I'll have to pull the engine out again to change the adaptor plate. I can pull the box as well and give that a check over, although it does feel fine. The engine mounts have also sagged, to the point that the down pipe is too close to the chassis leg so I'll replace them.
For the time being it's alternator on, fan on...
Looking good so far!
On to the rear, fitted the missing rear light, the other side isnt great I'll probably replace it with the spare I have.
Fitted the rear bumper as well
Found the spoiler and all of the trim for the car
I was fed up with the front wings falling off so I temporarily fitted them.
As I said, the loom has been butchered over the years, there are also signs of overheating in it so I'm not happy putting it back in the car. NWL's loom is exactly the same and in perfect condition, just dirty. I have a replacement loom from Autosparks for NWL so I'll just replace this loom with that.
I pulled the carbs to have a look at them, they look fine, just need a clean. Went to pull the stat cap off and the bolts broke so I have swapped the inlet for another that I have. The other thing was that the heater pipes has rotted through so I ordered a replacement from Chris Witor.
New leads, cap and rotor. Cap fits perfectly under the inlet. I already have the electronic module and will be using that.
So as far as I can see I have everything to put the car back together now, I'd like to get it running first but need a couple of bits before I can do that. The only bits of trim that I am missing are a pair of these...