The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Project Lemondrop
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:03 pm 
Due to a certain blue 1300fwd I have to get my a*rse in gear and start doing stuff on LD. The interior is superlovely and needs nowt doing apart from a radio putting in... not a priority.

Have removed the o/s front shock (took 10 mins) and will derustify around the inner wheelarch and strut turret. None of it is anything more than just minor surface stuff. I'll chuck the new shock on and that's one side out of the way. Then I'll tackle t'other side.

Once the shocks are done I'll have a gander at the master cylinder (thanks Tony) and check the rest of the system over.

Need to change the temp sensor, thermostat and thermostat housing gasket cos there seems to be a little seepage there. Wiper motor could also do with changing cos it's not always doing as it's told. Oil and filter change needed. Will also change the voltage regulator for an electronic club item, cos I have one lying round. Ahhh! Just wondering if it might be the switch. There's a thought. Hmmm.

Rear number plate light (n/s) not working. Have changed the bulb to no avail. Will check the wiring next. I hate electrics.

All four wheels need cleaning and repainting to look lovely.

o/s sill needs fitting and the front valance needs tidying.... thats it really!! Easy peasy. Needs to be done by mid March..... 2008 :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:14 pm 
by my reckoning gloria will also be totally sorted by then too...

good luck ken, nothing too major there, a man of your skills should have that lot well under control... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm 
The only reason for that is the end of March is when I have to collect the fwd :shock: . So I need LD done and dusted by then. This will be evening and weekend work as I have no leave left until it starts again on 1st April.

I know I can do it, just need a kick. I want to do a really indepth job on the fwd so I can change her name from Rustbucket to ???

Good luck+++ with yours :D

Race ya to completion \:D/

Last edited by Purplebargeken on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:19 pm 
:rofl3: :rofl3: My 'skills'? I'm poop hot on valeting interiors and thats about the limit of it :rofl3: :rofl3:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:33 pm 
Quote:
just need a kick.
Im happy todo that job for ya mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:48 pm 
Me too, whats the going rate for Ken kicking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm 
And me, i want to join in with the Ken kicking....sounds fun :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Von

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:19 pm 
Huh, thanks a bunch so called 'friends'. Ha!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:09 am 
I have plenty of fish here.... arf, arf, arf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:30 pm 
Ok, proggy report.

Had a good go with the 'lecky drill and wire brush this afternoon. The o/s wing has been replaced at some point in time and a patch has been let in rather well to the lower section of the inner wing/drivers footwell position.

Must admit to being quite stunned as to how good the bodywork is underneath there. Numerous bits of corrosion, however, it's ALL light surface stuff. What makes this all the more suprising is that what I mistook for underseal was actually........ a thin layer of dust. Underneath is the original paint layer. No protection at all. Amazing. Photos to follow tomorow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:31 pm 
Go for it Ken, just focus on the immense feeling of satisfaction you will doubtless have at the end!
More than happy to join in with the Ken licking - oh sorry, that should be kicking! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:14 pm 
Much prefer Mels initial comment :rofl4:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:25 pm 
I think i will pass on the ken licking, maybe if we have a ken day mel can come for the ken licking and the rest of us can go the Nandos.
i emailed Nandos the other day and asked then to open a southampton branch :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:24 pm 
Quote:
I think i will pass on the ken licking, maybe if we have a ken day mel can come for the ken licking and the rest of us can go the Nandos.
i emailed Nandos the other day and asked then to open a southampton branch :D
According to ther website there opening loads more Nando's so you may have put a good idea into ther heads!!

On the whole licking Ken thing, i much perfer coming to Nando's with you J :lol:

Ken the TC is a cracking car, dont think many people know how good it is, yeah it needs a little work but if you do the little bits 100% i think that is worthy of concours!!!

I would keep the TC like that and drive the FWD more often once its on the road!!!

We need photo's!! E-mail some over and ill post them for ya!!

Nathan

Post subject: Re: Project Lemondrop
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:00 pm 
Just a quickie to say that I have asked Nath to post some piccies for me. Ta Nath

The pics are of the car generally and some of the inner wheelarch. As I mentioned earlier, there wasn't any underseal in evidence, just bare paint. The corrosion that is in the picture is all surface stuff only and will be dealt with over the next day or so.

Whaddya reckon Folks?