The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:02 pm 
Well guys/gals, yesterday was a refitting day wil Dave comming round to help out..(see quote)
Quote:
Right then, as Nath was good enough to come and help me with Patch lastweekend, i thought i'd go and lend him a hand today, besides i wanted to be nosey :D :D

Here he is doing his best Mrs Mop impression :D

Mops up pretty well too..

But enough of this mopping malarky, lets get this little beauty back on the road..

Back lights all back in and working, along with the rear vents and bright work around the boot.. We did have the badges on too, but had a slight mishap with those as they fell back off when we shut the boot :D

Cracking on now, sidelights and indicators on, along with the headlight bowls, and bumper..

Half way there... He's a slave driver this Nathan, it's now tea time and he wont let me go home yet :D

No time for lying down matey, just cause it's dark doesn't mean its bed time....

Looks the dogs cahoona's dont you think???

How cool is that!! They work too..

Job done.. Can i go home now...
Today we finished off the trim and then we hit the road!!

This little project has taken 6 months and the £450 budget was kind of met...This included NOS front panel, NOS Valance and NOS headlight panels, a couple of new headlight bowls were fitted, £90 was spent on primer/filler etc etc and £85 on the paint/thinner/hardner, Not bad for a (kinda) resto project!!

Things still need to be done but its on the road!! Thanks to everyone who helped and those who have PM'd me i will get back to you!!

Main thing is Von is happy!!!!

Photo's (the last off :cry: )

Photo of befor the work was done and....

So Thats another one on the road for the summer....

What you guys think then?? Ken? Martin??

Nathan and Von

Last edited by Nathan Mwk 627G on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 pm 
Right proper job!!! Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:14 pm 
Well done Na...... hold on. That looks like overspray..... the badge is wonky........ the chrome isn't hyper-shiney .......and you made it rain, plus you worked Dave so hard his pants split!

Terrible job

Yeah... right :woohoo:

Bloody brilliant mate, well done to you, Vonny and poor Dave. The car looks absolutely fantastic. Now all you need to do is buy some Honeysuckle paint, etc, etc and come down to North London to help with a stalled Project LD :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Congrats++++++

Ken

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:12 pm 
TDC Member

Nathan,

Outstanding job mate and a lesson to all of us how, with perseverence, a Dolomite shape car can be restored on a budget. The outcome justifes the effort put in and then some. This was always a nice 1500, in a rare and very tasteful colour combination of damson with pale grey interior. Now it looks as it should.

The final buff up on the paint looks to have resulted in the desired glassy finish. Its a lovely looking car now, and a perfect "sister" to MWK. You will enjoy finding that the 1300 rides better, but the 1500 handles better.

Been great following this mate - really well done.

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:38 pm 
Well done to the both of you, you are a credit to dolly (shaped) owners.

I didn't know that you were supposed to have a budget to keep to though! :lol:
i guess i had better get on and do one of mine this week then, ive had 11 days off work and only went to my yard once (to service the vectra). :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 am 
I think you have done an incredible job Nathan.

The colour choice for me is an out and out winner all the way, one of the best shades on one of these cars in my opinion, suits the age of the car so well.

Absolutely love it, real quality job done and another one saved thanks to your efforts.
Steve :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:51 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Very very nice Nathan... :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:51 am 
Wahay it's 1972 all over again!

Well done Nathan you should be proud of your "new" car - I know I am of your commitment.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 pm 
Hi Nathan, you've done a grand job, you should be proud of yourself :spliff: I think Von will be pleased too.
Nathan :smooch:Von

Regards Tom.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:02 pm 
:jump4joy: :jump4joy: :jump4joy:

Chuffed to bits for you Nath and Von, she looks fantastic and here's to many miles of motoring!!

I hope my little fwd can follow that standard!

Mel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:54 pm 
Thanks for all the kind comments.....it was hard work but worth it in the end!!

Few other bits to do..

1/ the right hand side brake has seized a little, car wants to go right under braking (or could be the left one not working 100%)

2/fit a radio so the Boss has some music!

3/ give the car a good polish!!

Apart from the brakes the other bits will come in time!!

car behaved brill on its first time out in 3 months, even if it did have to go through an almighty thunderstorm followed by flooded roads!!

Its a great car, its goes well and even if i do say so myself it looks nice now!!

Right, next project then.......my 1981 mk1 astra saloon!!

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:29 pm 
well done nath, looks good and another one saved :) just goes to show what you can do on a budget :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:38 pm 
Excellent Nathan.

Reminds me of my 'youf'. The last time i painted a 'whole car' was 1990. I was 'given' a Morris Marona, went for a clour change as well, big job, but the car was solid but very scruffy and I had more time in those days.

Much admiration for your efforts, and that 'wing patch let in' looks the doggies danglies

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:21 pm 
Tessa came visiting today, so we splashed out the polish and tyre gloss.....

:D :D

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:15 pm 
Looks good, not long and patch will be looking that new and shiney.