The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Light weight Dolly
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 pm 
Quote:
Guys, where are the weight figures ??

Hans
Can't find where they were posted but have this written down for the boot lid
carbon/kevlar composite boot lid 4kg,
FG one will 5kg
original will weigh 10.5kg.

I can weigh my bonnet for you if you need.

Neil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:57 pm 
I've just started "playing" with a Spare boot & bonnet. I have the boot down to 9kg. Removed pretty much all the bracing , Man ......heavy compared to the bonnet! Pretty flimsy now though. Should be alright once fitted up. Will see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.
Quote:
Hi Baz,
Sorry we have no tricks to light weight Dolomites- the category we compete in does not allow the sort of modifications that Hans enjoys.
Philip
Just curious Philip... do your racing Sprints have a traction problem with the rear end on acceleration/under power? If so what have/can be done to assist-short of not accelerating as hard? Already have an LSD?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:32 pm 
Quote:
Just curious Philip... do your racing Sprints have a traction problem with the rear end on acceleration/under power? If so what have/can be done to assist-short of not accelerating as hard? Already have an LSD?
When the car was being run with 9" rims and slicks in Group C spec traction was not an issue- if anything the car needed more power to get the best from the tyres! On the 7 " rims with 205 A048 wheel spin is much easier to induce, but the trick is to get the ride height right front to rear, not use too high a spring rate, and make sure the LSD is set with high torque load,

Philip

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm 
Thanks Philip !
More work on the boot today- found a substantial amount of bog- the entire flat panel where the boot lock attaches was filled to about 1/4 inch! Maybe why boot so heavy !