The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:32 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

One of my main criticism of owning a Triumph is the fragmented club issue, we have owned TR4/4A/5, Stag, Spitfire,1500 HL as well as a couple of Sprints but these cars have one thing in common...........a seperate club, hence a weak marque when compared with MG who lump their cars together.
My point is this, MG's on Track (MGOT) have on some occasions allowed Club Triumph to join them in their own section which means just Triumphs together.
They used to allow us in with the MG's but I think my forceful driving going past a pair of V8 ZT's with Mad Mart alongside upset em :(
But now they have accepted us back to join them again via CT and this may mean that I keep the Sprint because they visit all the top places.
The only criteria is that their event has to be open for MG's for two weeks before we are allowed to enter.
They are a great bunch and generally well behaved unlike some of the TR lot who hate a Dolomite whupping them and will not pulll over to let you past.

The lunatic is out................heres Jonny!