The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rover Seats
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:12 pm 
Thought I might post on this bit for a change, seems that the majority of the modifying here might yield the answers I seek.

So, has anyone mounted a set of Rover seats to their car, if so, how, what with, etc, etc, piccies and measurements a certain bonus.

The Rover seats are sooo comfy as opposed to the stock Tolly one's and it really has to be the way forward.

Someone PLEASE help.

Ta

Ken

Post subject: Re: Rover Seats
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 pm 
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18581 ??

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 am 
Thanks for that Dan, I'd forgotten about Roys conversion. My only thought is that the seats are not 45's and may differ slightly but I doubt there would be much difference.

Cheers

Ken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm 
...what seats have you got Ken ? Rover P6 2000/2200 seats will fit, as the Panther Rio used these, and , I think, they are a direct fit without modding the rails..? I'll investigate this, as I fancy this conversion in one of my Sprints...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 pm 
Therein lies the problem, I'm not sure about the exact style or model. They are half leather (on the bolsters).

I will try and post a piccie or two.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 pm 
TDC Member

Not in a Dolomite but

Took a fair bit of cutting on the Rover seat runners to remove brackets, and to allow a bolt to be fitted through. I used a thick steel plate to bolt to runner and then to original floor mount, but it did leave the seat quite close to the door, but wasn't an issue. Depending on what model they've come out of, depends on fitting, those from a late 400 or 600 differ from the earlier 200/400 (wedge shape) and 800s, the 400/45/600 should be an easier fit as they bolt directly to the floor, I only fitted the 214 SEi seats as they were already in the shed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:24 pm 
and those exact seats from above will soon be mounted in my Dolomite Sprint!! its taking a while (work keeps getting in the way!)
will post pics as soon as its done!