The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Is this anyone here?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:50 pm 
http://www.mandh-photography.co.uk/even ... 03_075.htm

Cos that's pretty impressive for what I assume is a near-stock 1850...

(Photo taken on a Historic Rally last weekend, and for historic rallies cars have to only use bits available for competition use at the time. Which would just allow the earliest sprint bits, I think...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:53 pm 
Looks great, in nice control there!

On a loose surface it's not too tricky to pull that off, especially if you've got a bit of speed to carry you through.

(Ever been to Donington? The gravel track around the car park is a great drift area, build the speed up to about 30mph and just squeeze the throttle and it steps out, great fun when there's a few of you. Get a few chained drifts going :lol: )

Wasn't me Officer, no SIR.

Looks to be a good spec for it. Lowered, Sprint alloys, Sports exhaust, sump guard, inner lamps removed for extra airflow, half cage.......Pretty well equipped machine for that kind of event I guess! :)

Post subject: rally 1850
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:45 pm 
TDC Member

We rallied a 2 door 1850 toledo a few years back.. until it broke. Hope to do it again one day! I found those pics the other day... when thinking about going back and having another try. Does anyone know who it is?

You are only allowed 4 lights, so if you want spots, you have to remove 2 headlamps. May be for ventilation too though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:52 pm 
Full results here http://www.historicroadrally.co.uk/hughesrally/?Results

They are listed as Peter and Paul Brewerton and came 34th overall.

They are not Club Triumph members (I would know as I maintain the CT Motorsport Championship tables).

I have just joined the Historic Rally Car Register though and I am pretty sure the Hughes rally is part of one their championships so may have more to report later :wink:

Just come across them again - see here http://cloverleaf.wecc.co.uk/

Unfortunately retired this time :cry:

Post subject: Blue rally dolly
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:22 pm 
TDC Member

You found out as much as I did :)
I got as far as the names, but they were not familiar to me either. I couldnt see them in the other rallys. They may be local to the Hughes and not in the HRCR. Hughes was the first we did - in 2000. That was with HRCR. We liked the traga rusticana, but it seems to have dissappeared recently. The one in Morecombe was fun too.. but very very wet when we did it. And the darn car wouldnt go up the hardknock pass either - was a sick engine though :(