The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm 
Hi all

Video link of the Silver Sprint doing a hill climb in Kalamunda in the hills east of Perth. This stage forms part of Targa West, big three day road rally over here. The Triumph Sports Owners Assoc. had their national meeting in Perth this year and we got to do some comp events as part of that. Wanneroo Racetrack last Monday and this zigzag hill climb on Thursday. Apparently huge number of hurdles to get to hill climb as there was a lot of opposition and no WA car club has gained permission before. Thankfully, no-one binned it - the potential to have a big accident was huge! I've never done this road before - this video is the third and final run and I still really could only drive what I saw. You'll hear the revs drop at certain points where I still should have been on it. Car went really well - knocked eight tenths off the best time a Wanneroo and recorded seventh fastest (fifth Triumph) time at the zig zag. Beat all but one of the TR8s (and there are some fast ones who blow me away at the racetrack) which put a big smile on my face. Link to the video of that run. Really quite scary but what a buzz …. Have some good footage from the racetrack as well which I put up once done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGz3_SDiZOc
Hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Paul Roberts,
Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:12 pm 
Ho-ly crap. I hope I can do that with my Sprint one day :eyes4u: :eyes4u: :eyes4u:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 pm 
:jump4joy: Awesome video, thanks. :D