The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:08 pm 
For me this is the first time I'm on this forum.
Being Dutch will mean several languagich failures in writing, apologise on forehand.
STO racing (there is a link somewhere on these pages) do run 2 identical RHD Group 2 cars in the so called dutch Youngtimer class. BCCP-01 is the car of my wive Wineke, I drive the BCCP-02.
We use to have races on the main circuits in Holland, Germany, Belgium, and sometimes our series crossed the pond, we racet in France too.
Momentarily the recession did cut the number of riders so this year and probably next year most of the races will be in the Netherlands to cut the costs.
For some of you it might be interesting to know that when our friend Jamie Weidner (Sprint Spares) closed his busines years ago we bought all the remaining special race parts of him.
Some of them are in such a vast number we will never use them all, so we decided to put them on the advert list, just look now and then.
Next to that we constantly develop and have new parts made like steel main caps, head studs ARP, rose jount swivels, wheel arches, etc.
Most of the work we do ourself, including testing end setting up the car on our Dynojet dyno. Just have a look on http://www.bccp.nl or http://www.dynojet.nl.

Cheers Hans

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:49 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Hello Hans,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining us. Well done to you and your wife on all your achievments with dolomites. Please don't apolgise for your English, it's a lot better than my Dutch (zero).

Your findings on water loss make a lot of sense, there have been some cases very recently of unexplained loss (hello Chris Dickinson!).

Have you measured the F3 cams you have? It'd be great to get the specification added to this list. I started a thread seeking information on F3 engines recently. Larger valves than standard were mentioned, have you measured the valves in the head you have? Also, is there any sign of your engine having a non-standard rocker grind?

Keep us updated on your plans for next season.

Cheers
Tinweevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:53 pm 
Hello and welcome!

Whereabouts is the advert list? I couldn't find it. A direct link would help me.

Thanks.

Oh, and I don't know if it is of any use but I was originally running an L1 profiled cam that was reported to have come from an F3 engine.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 pm 
Welcome Hans, I posted some pictures of your cars in our old motorsport forum:

http://phpbb.triumphdolomite.co.uk/arch ... 93&start=0

David

Post subject: F3 cams
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:49 pm 
Tinweevil asket about the F3 cams.
The (new) F3 cams I have are the double loob type, can only be used with the thin exhoust rockers.
So a diferent inlet and exhoust profile/timing
This type of cam sits also in my F3 engine.
The inlet part of the cam dous look a lot like the original STR91 racing cam.
As far I know this type of cam will produse a lot of low end grund, a F3 work with a air restrictor so very high revs are restricted anyway.
Till now I only used new STR91 and the STR132 (rally) cams.
Simply it is not so handy to test cams during the season in the racing car, but now we made a testing chasis to run the engines including Gbox and rear ackle on the dyno, so starting testing the several diferent cams is coming near.
For now, first the new reenforced engine have to run, the JE pistons just arived, and I will start with the good old STR91.
There are many small details what have to be solved, but I hope the first test runs will be in january.

Hans