The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: NCL 128R - 1850HL
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:10 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Spotted today at the Thornton Dale Spring Gala

Post subject: Re: NCL 128R - 1850HL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:56 pm 
That was me at Thornton le Dale gala , the only dolly there and created a lot of attention. Didn't win anything too many posh cars and MGB s by the bucket full. Still had a good day come and see me at scampston hall show and sled mere house show.Tractor boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:08 pm 
Sadly after several years of owning and enjoying the dolly she must go up for sale as my secure storage is no longer available shortly. Any one interested within the club before being advertised?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:09 am 

Sorry to hear that TB. I hope your Dolly goes to someone who'll appreciate it - I already have one and no storage space for another.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 pm 
Hey sorry to hear your selling your car. Looks great and have seen it in the auction catalogue.. Can you tell me a bit more about it? What work it has had ? Respiratory etc? Also is there anything that needs to be done to it? Was looking for a sprint but your 1850 looks lovely. Be good yo hear from u, thanks Jonathan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm 
Hi Jonathan. There is nothing to do to the car other than drive it. Just passed mot no advisories. Repainted professionally about 3 years ago and looks really stunning attracts attention wherever it goes. Fitted Accuspark electronic ignition and new hoses after I bought it it mainly for peace of mind. Fitted with K&N air filters with stub stacks. Interior is excellent no tears or damage to seats or carpets. Only repairs have been one wheel bearing a track rod end and steering rack gaiters. Much mechanical work has been done in the past judging by the paperwork in file and has only lightly used during the summer months from old tax discs in file. I recently drove to Reading and back with no problems. A cracking little car that I would like to think will go to a good home. Tractor boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:56 pm 
Hi johnathan email me on geoffaitken1942@yahoo.co.uk with a contact phone number and I will ring you. Tractor boy