The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dolomite Sprint HWK 36V
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:27 pm 
I have recently been informed of a Sprint that has surfaced in Glasgow. The information I have been given claims that the car had been owned from new but since its owner died, some 6 or so years ago it has lain untouched in his lockup. It was recently subject to a court case relating to the deceased owners estate and subsequently the son sold it for £1000 after a garage had MOT'd it.
It was running, but not very well and after two weeks it apparently is not starting now at all.
Having spoken to the garage owner who valued and assessed it for the court and then MOT'd it, and it is obvious he wants to try to buy it for himself (as an investment) and so would not divulge its current location, although it IS within the city.
The car is Pageant blue with a beige interior and going by the photos I have seen it is in very good condition, both inside and out. Its registration number is HWK 36V.
The garage owner has promised to email me more photos as he had taken many to provide to the court.
Does it ring any bells?

David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

The HWK rings bells, and I pictured it mentally as Pageant blue before I read the posting. There could of course be another HWK in blue....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:37 pm 
TDC Member

Im sure i saw a hwk in pageant blue about 6 or 7 years ago in Rimmer brothers car park, i even took a pic of it but will check.

1980 vermillion 1500hl W reg
1975 green 1500tc auto P reg
1971 wedgewood blue 2000 auto mk2 J reg
1979 Sandglow 1500HL auto V reg
1972 valencia blue Toledo 2 dr K reg
1973 Brown Toledo 2 dr L reg
1973 Green Toledo 2 dr L reg
1977 white Datsun 100a f2 S reg
1983 White Toyota Tercel 4x4
1987 Brown Toyota Tercel 4x4
1988 Blue Toyota Tercel 4x4
1999 Toyota Corolla vvti est
2005 Ford ranger thunder XLT
because one triumph just isnt enough

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 am 
As an addition to the story, when I approached the garage owner and asked about the sprint he replied "which one?", indicating there was more than one in the equation. When I questioned him further he would only say the other one was " long gone" but never the less I will try to glean more information on that one.
I left him with my contact details and offered my technical help when the car does eventually come back to the garage (Rockville cars, Glasgow) . he has an RS shell, 1300 sport and 1600sport in the premises so i was a bit sceptical of his investment idea,given that our cars are not as in demand as the fords.
I am still trying to trace an early mimosa sprint that belonged to a private collection ( check out Harry and the. Wrinkles TV series) and was bequeathed to a colleague in the fire service who gave it away, unaware of my love of triumphs. Don't have the registration details but believe it may still be in the Glasgow area?

David