The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: My new toy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:06 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I thought I should introduce my new toy. It is a Triumph 1300, two owners from new with 87,000 on the clock. It has never been welded and is pretty much original other than a re-paint last year. I think it may have had a bit of rust on the corner of the bonnet and on one rear door, but the rest of it looks very solid.
There are a few jobs to sort out. It conked out on the way home, which turned out to be dirt in the fuel line. It has had a replacement clutch, but the previous owner didn't realise it had to be adjusted once fitted, so with the pedal on the floor it is difficult to select first or reverse. There is a bit of an exhaust rattle and I would like to adjust the throttle as nothing happened for the first inch or so of pedal travel.
I want to give it a good clean and polish, but I will have to wait for the rain to stop before I can do that!

Attachments:
P1140982 - Copy.JPG
P1140982 - Copy.JPG [ 233.74 KiB | Viewed 708 times ]

Post subject: Re: My new toy
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:12 pm 
TDC Member

That's lovely Nick, I'd love the space to be able to have one, ideally a TC.
Are you up for a meet some time, I could drive my Dolly down and say hello? PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:48 pm 

It would be good to have a local meet now and again. There was talk about something being arranged, but I haven't heard anything.
I have been on the look out for a TC for a few years, but they rarely come up and then the condition isn't always great. I almost bought one recently and had been in contact with the seller by e-mail, he gave me his number and told me he would be out during the day, but to phone him in the evening. When I phoned him he said he had been at a car show and had sold the car!!
I decided that it would be better to get a single carb 1300 in good condition than spend the money on a TC.
I am lucky as I rent a barn close to the village, so have room for a few cars! However, there is little point in having cars that I don't use. I have my Toledo up for sale just now and need to sort out my Herald restoration project and get it sold, too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 pm 

Looks fantastic Nick, my first triumph was a 1300 in Valencia blue which my father had from new but when I acquired my sprint it was passed on to my brother who sadly wrote it off. I still have soft spot for them and have thought about another but sadly never have.