The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: preston area members
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:03 pm 
I was wondering if there were any club members in the preston area who might be able to help me. i am trying to get what was my dads 1973 1500 m reg fwd back in the road. when he died in 1992 i inherited it and intended to return it to its former glory in memory of my dad who adored the car. however a career, marriage, 3 kids, dog, redundancy, new business bla bla bla all got in the way. as it stands it could do with a good service, maybe a new clutch, a bit of welding on 3 corners of the sills and the lights at the front wiring back up. i'd love to get it resprayed but one thing at a time - if i can get it back together running well and mot'd/ (free!) taxed i know my mum would be delighted. she's 85 now and not getting any younger and i know she'd be over the moon if i could drive it round to hers (as a surprise) and take her for a drive in it. trouble is i'm not very mechanically minded and could do with a bit of help - i've no knowledge of any classic car garages in the preston area - does anyone know who i could turn to or if anybody could offer any help i'd be more than willing to pay the going rate. i had hoped one of those classic car programmes could take it away and bring it back pristeen but i dont think they'd be very interested in a triumph 1500! any advice appreciated. cheers

Post subject: Re: preston area members
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:25 pm 
hi.. did you manage to sort this out ? im in Leyland.....roy