The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:51 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 pm 
For clarity, I have NO connection with this company other than having been a customer, but I like to reward good service by encouraging others to use it.

UniMaster Components in Newbury (www.unimaster.co.uk, 01635 528692) is basically Engineering Filth - they sell hydraulic components, sexy tools and engineering fixings. Friendly people, and the prices are pretty reasonable. I've just bought 3/8 UNF manifold studs (6 off), plain nuts, and plain & spring washers (18 off each) for under £6.50 all-in (cheapest I saw online came to over £12 and I'd have to wait for tehmt o be delivered). At the moment they have a very good range of UNF and UNC fastenings (and also BSF and Whit) - and I get the impression that someone coming in for imperial stuff is unusual enough to be "interesting".

I do of course have a vested interest; if they don't keep selling enough, the imperial stuff will disappear from their range - and as they are only round the corner from me, that would be a PITA.

So, anyone within range, please give them a look whenever you need imperial bits...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:48 pm 
TDC Member

If you did not get brass nut I would recommend you consider getting some as they make it so much easier next time to get the nuts off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:45 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

I came across the website before, but never gave it a second look as, it was all call for pricing.

Will call them next order.

On the motorway no one can hear me sing!
Construed as a public service, self preservation in reality.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 pm 
Quote:
If you did not get brass nut I would recommend you consider getting some as they make it so much easier next time to get the nuts off.
Thanks for the reminder - they do brass as well as steel nuts!! I previously got new manifold-to-manifold studs (the latest bit of shopping was to put the manifolds onto the "new" head) and a handful of brass nuts, as those will be getting a bit hotter than, say, the ones holding the carbs onto the inlet manifold...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:11 pm 
Quote:
I came across the website before, but never gave it a second look as, it was all call for pricing.

Will call them next order.
That's normally my reaction too ;-) but here I think the "call for prices" is more a reflection of the sheer range they have, it'd be a nightmare putting the prices online for every single item :-)