The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Inlet manifold
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:57 am 
TDC Member

On my spitfire (ST170 engine) I used 8mm copper for all fuel lines. And Goodyear Barricade hoses....

I think you can use 6mm for the return but no real advantage, especially if you buy a roll of 8mm copper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 am 
TDC Member

Yes Dave. It wont need the same flow obviously , but as the fuel pump return on the tank sender was the same size as the feed and also at the fuel rail end I stayed with it. Plus I had a long roll of it :)

Tony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:24 pm 
TDC Member

After some bypass advice from Jeroen, I ran it up today with 2 T pieces and a restrictor between them. Only tried the car with heater valve open (hot) and with an infa red gun tested the temps around the bay. Looking quite promising so far (rear) stat opened nicely and temps seem quite stable. I was running electric fan "manually" and temps got to 90 before the fan brought them down again. Got some finalising to do tomorrow weather permitting. Heater pipes quite toasty so I'll try the heater fan back on and see how it goes :D

Cheers

Tony

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:33 pm 
TDC Member

Just re-read this thread looking for something. Happy to report 4 years later and lots of miles and never had issues with coolant. Heater is nice and ecu controls leccy fan which only comes on travelling very slow or stopped on hot days 8)

Tony
Quote:
After some bypass advice from Jeroen, I ran it up today with 2 T pieces and a restrictor between them. Only tried the car with heater valve open (hot) and with an infa red gun tested the temps around the bay. Looking quite promising so far (rear) stat opened nicely and temps seem quite stable. I was running electric fan "manually" and temps got to 90 before the fan brought them down again. Got some finalising to do tomorrow weather permitting. Heater pipes quite toasty so I'll try the heater fan back on and see how it goes :D

Cheers

Tony