The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: indicator flasher unit.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:45 pm 
Thanks very much for previous help.I need to replace the indicator flasher unit on my 1977 Dolomite 1500 HL,as the volume of the Tic-Toc is very low,and I am frequently driving along unaware that an indicator is flashing,until I am reminded by other drivers!I was wondering if someone with experience,could advise on a 2-pin audible unit that would be suitable.I believe there are 2 units fitted to this car,one for the flashers and one for the indicators,is that correct?And is the indicator the square unit under the dash on the right,just above the air outlet hose? Any advice much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:30 pm 
TDC Member

I had exactly this problem with my replacement electronic unit. I wired a piezo-electric sounder across the terminals of the flasher unit. It gives a nice clicking sound just like a modern Renault . This only works with bulb units btw not LEDs.
Now the slight problem is that I bought it from Maplins who have now sadly gone. :(
If you drop me a PM with an address I'll see what I can find and send to you.
And yes the flasher unit is the one behind the dash with the light green /brown wire and the Light green/ grey wires going to it.
Tony.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:37 pm 
Thank you so much, Tony.I have sent a PM to you.Joe