The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:58 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Still in the middle of converting a 1500 to sprint, which is quickly turning into a full restoration.

Latest problems are I have lost all indicators at the back, this happened after stripping the back end to remove rust and repaint. I suspect I have missed an earth on reassembly. The front indicators and hazards also failed, but that turned out to be those useless bullet connectors, which I have replaced.

Also the choke is sticking on the rear carb, bit irritating that one, because for the first time ever I have actually succeeded in getting twin carbs properly balanced. All ruined by having to open the bonnet to push the damn thing back up. Either the jet is sticking or the choke return spring on the linkage is weak. Any ideas? Tried spraying a bit of freeing fluid on the linkage, didn't improve things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm 

I have fixed the rear light cluster issue, except the indicators.The problem with the connector plug to the rear wiring loom. I replaced it with a modern equivalent and everything lights up, except the indicators.