The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: whats this plate mean?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm 
sorry, unable to attach a photo but next to the battery i have a plate with the comm number on.
the paint code is 115 and the trim code is 27 - what do these translate into?
also there is a black rectangular plate next to it that has 2 columns in it. i one under E11 (in a circle) are 2 codes one under the other - 12r-0025 and 11r - 0006. in the next column under E2 (in a circle) is the code 14r - 72.005. what do these mean - anybody know please?
thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:24 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Didn't know there was a 115? (numbers ending in 5 are usually green)
27 is shadow blue and the other numbers are meaningless and something to do with production quality regulations (I think)

Edited to add......My triumph paint code book doesn't list a 115. (15 is cactus green but that's too old to be on a Dolomite)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:32 am 

And while we're on the subject of plates under the bonnet......sorry to slightly hijack your thread but it is related I hope!!...... what's the plate that's pop riveted next to the chassis number plate on the nearside inner wing, that is about 1" 1/2 long by about 3/8" wide and always painted in body colour including over the pop rivets I believe, that has a sequence of numbers stamped into it I think? I keep meaning to look at the numbers and write them down to see what they relate too???

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 am 

Quote:
And while we're on the subject of plates under the bonnet......sorry to slightly hijack your thread but it is related I hope!!...... what's the plate that's pop riveted next to the chassis number plate on the nearside inner wing, that is about 1" 1/2 long by about 3/8" wide and always painted in body colour including over the pop rivets I believe, that has a sequence of numbers stamped into it I think? I keep meaning to look at the numbers and write them down to see what they relate too???
it a factory tracking number, 1970s version of a barcode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
it a factory tracking number, 1970s version of a barcode.
Thanks for that :thumbsup:
Does it mean anything to anyone any more or is just a piece of useless tin pop riveted onto the car now that is possibley just encouraging rut to start in the holes drilled in the inner wing to mount it? Is there any where to check the number for references for the original spec of the car from it or is it not even that useful anymore?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 am 

As far as I'm aware there aren't any records of what the numbers are or what they are attached to as for rust as long as the rivets are still there it should be fine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:31 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

The first Heritage Certificate I applied for was silent on the body number, but since then I've seen more with it listed than not, so reference does exist for (most of?) the original numbers.

The plate is body coloured because it was attached before the cars received final paint; removal of it is therefore likely to cause more problems than leaving it, as the holes through which it is riveted to the body will not have final paint.