The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We've had a rough quote for some stainless steel braided clutch hoses for the 1300/1500 RWD models. These are similar to the Goodridge hoses which are available for the Sprint and 1850, but will have stainless steel fittings. The ball-park figure will be about £35, but possibly less if a bulk order is placed. Any interest?

UPDATE: These are now available from Club Spares for all OHV and OHC models at £45 inc postage

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:07 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I've got a dolomite one fitted to one of my 1300's they are slightly longer but have done the job, would it be an good idea to make them the longer length to be used on the Dolly 13/1500 as well?
I can measure both the 1300 and Dolomite ones if you want.

I think £35 is slightly high BUT as they won't wear (due to rubbing) or break as the plastic ones do should last the life of the car, I'm sure there was a club member who made and supplied SS hoses many years ago, something makes me think it was Ian?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:00 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I’ve had a quote for these too Andy, I’ll send it to you for comparison

Post subject: No......
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:28 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
I'm sure there was a club member who made and supplied SS hoses many years ago, something makes me think it was Ian?
Not exactly Justyn.....
I took advantage of a Rimmer Brothers promotion to acquire a T2000 stainless steel clutch hose and used this on a Dolomite 1850.

The bespoke hoses I had made were for a Trackerjack conversion. I didn't sell these hoses but instead gave members the dimensions
thereby allowing them to have them made too. These worked in conjunction with the original hoses and bracketry to connect to the calipers.

Sometime much later Steve (Carledo) came up with a different design which was about £5/hose cheaper then but
these hoses don't fit with the location of the original brackets. Instead it is necessary to relocate the original hoses.

Ian.

Post subject: Re: No......
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure there was a club member who made and supplied SS hoses many years ago, something makes me think it was Ian?
Not exactly Justyn.....
I took advantage of a Rimmer Brothers promotion to acquire a T2000 stainless steel clutch hose and used this on a Dolomite 1850.

The bespoke hoses I had made were for a Trackerjack conversion. I didn't sell these hoses but instead gave members the dimensions
thereby allowing them to have them made too. These worked in conjunction with the original hoses and bracketry to connect to the calipers.

Sometime much later Steve (Carledo) came up with a different design which was about £5/hose cheaper then but
these hoses don't fit with the location of the original brackets. Instead it is necessary to relocate the original hoses.

Ian.
Oh ok not you then, I'm going back maybe about 15 years someone in the club did make some as I bought two.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I've got a dolomite one fitted to one of my 1300's they are slightly longer but have done the job, would it be an good idea to make them the longer length to be used on the Dolly 13/1500 as well?
I can measure both the 1300 and Dolomite ones if you want.

I think £35 is slightly high BUT as they won't wear (due to rubbing) or break as the plastic ones do should last the life of the car, I'm sure there was a club member who made and supplied SS hoses many years ago, something makes me think it was Ian?
It would certainly make sense to produce a "universal fit" hose, the only question would be - are the unions the same on all models' cylinders?

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 am 
TDC Member

Supply one hose with the adaptors for each car. A bit more expensive but much easier to hold stock, once sourced.

Post subject: Okay........
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:34 pm 
TDC Member

The original clutch master and slave cylinders have a thread size of 7/16"UNF.

Ian.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:04 pm 

Quote:

It would certainly make sense to produce a "universal fit" hose, the only question would be - are the unions the same on all models' cylinders?
Adaptors are readily available from companies such as 'carbuildersolutions' and many other places but as Ian states most should be the same.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:08 pm 
TDC Member

I would be very interested in one of these at that price.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:59 pm 
TDC Member

Any idea when these will be available please?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nothing to report yet, but there might be an update fairly soon. Watch this space!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 pm 
TDC Member

Thanks you :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Incoming.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am 

Is there a problem with the standard design of hose? On the 1500 I just used a copper pipe but with the Sprint conversion I have gone with the standard plastic pipe. Is this not going to last?