The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:13 am 
I can also say I had no problems with no bumpers on MOT - provided the numberplate illumination was working :lol:

Sailed right through, apart from the rear brakes needin' a tweak :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:21 am 
backs o.k it's the front he's got the problems with :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:21 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I drove past Baglan yesterday; they have a permanent gatso on the M4 in each direction - never seen one on a motorway before; recon they installed them AFTER Adam passed his test? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:03 am 
they are about to remove these from there guess their money making machines are doing well enough elsewhere !!
dont know if they are even active at present just there for show until they
have the time to remove them but of course when erecting them they sprout up super quick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:00 pm 
They have been there for a long time (10 years??). i would be surprised if anyone was caught as there are a lot of warning signs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:25 pm 
TDC Member

DFT guidelines about number of accidents in the last 3 years I reckon. No accidents = no camera. That bit of road is really nasty though. I think what will happen is that mobile units will go in instead. as they get much more money from them. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:34 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

He's been quiet...reckon he's been busy?

10 years? Really! but thinking about it, it could be that long sinceI went that far that way; usually choose the Breckon-Llandovery-Llandeilo route to Carmarthen, its more fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:45 pm 
He's been quiet becuase he's spilt squash on his lap top and its buggerd! :oops: Been so depressed without it! Only reason ive managed to post this is a flat mates let me use his for 5 minutes.

I'm coming home on wednesday and the car is going for a free emissions test just after 5, courtesy of Richard :D and it's optimistically booked in for it's MOT for 2pm on Friday, courtesy of another mate, Marcus :D

Speak to you when I'm home I guess.

Oh and them speed cameras have been there for about 6 years I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:19 pm 
You lead the rock and roll lifestyle don't you! Spilt squash on your laptop! I'll get you one of those anyway up kids beakers to save any further accidents!

:thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:41 pm 
Be quiet Borat. :P

Got home earlier today and got the car out. first torqued the head up. No good, all torqued up anyway :( Then had the emissions test at the Renault garage Richard works at. It's got to be below 4.5 CO emissions and mine was 11 :P With a bit of tweaking with the carbs it's down to 2.5 CO! Which now takes the pressure off for having the head gasket replaced before 2pm on Friday.

Also while at Renault we had it up on the ramps and had a good look around. Found one tiny hole in the back wheel arch but other than that it looks solid :D