The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: goodwood revival
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:18 am 
I am planning a visit to UK next year and wanted to take in the goodwood revival if possible. I see it cost to get then on top is a grandstand ticket.
Can anyone tell me if the grandstand is required as I like to walk around race tracks to get different views, are there any good viewing areas
Any comments on the event.
Denis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 am 
Don't have any knowledge personally, but definitely worth asking here:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/forum.asp?f=23&h=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:46 am 
TDC Member

Certainly when I went to the Festival of Speed (same country manor, but on a different bit of track) the grandstand tickets weren't necessary, as there are vantage points around the circuit. If you are anything like me you would spend most of the day wandering through the pits looking at all the cars anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:56 am 
Don`t bother, viewing around the track is great on foot, especially from Lavant and beyond, tends to get less busy aswell round there, there are not so many facilities on this side of the track but more than enough.
I have been going for the last 5 years and have only once had a grandstand ticket, waste of money I spent about 10 mins in it the whole day.
To be honest it is an expensive event but it`s cheaper than any grand prix and far more enjoyable, these people actually race these cars and overtake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:02 am 
I've been a coulpe of times and ther is no point in getting a grandstand tickect. Much better just to walk round and view from different places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:51 pm 
Thanks all for the info on the grandstand tickets. I always spend time around the pits and track thats why the question. Went this year to Historic race in California had a great time in the pits and etc. Saw Sterling Moss, Jack Braham and a few others. Hitch a ride around the track with the mini club ( 1062 RHD Miini) what a blast down the famous Corksrew.
The Goodwood event is one I have wanted to attend, just have to fit in with visiting family.
Thanks again
Dennis