The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:04 pm 
Quote:
I just found one instruments facia with all the clocks and gauges in Italy for 60 Euros with chrome rings dials, by the way, which is the square light on the right lower corner?
Mine don´t have, it maybe seat belts warning light?

Regards, Raul.
Yeah have this on my watch list as well after it got down to 60 quids when nobody bought it for 100 the first time. The square light is the seat belt warning which I saw on all LHD Sprints so far. Wondering why yours don't have it. Is yours a Spanish delivered Sprint? If you are eager of buying it please let me know and I won't bid as I have one complete spare from France already.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 am 
Hi there and sorry for not reply so far, my dolomite comes from Portugal and it is not original sprint is an old conversión from a 1850 I think from 1990 + or -
By the way as a lhd dollys drivers both... how many lhd dolly sprint you guess still exist? in Spain apart mine I know from traffic police dept. in Madrid that only 6 sprint were registered during production run and only know personally about one orange sprint in Madrid in 1st class condition and one in Logroño that comes from France recently but mothing more.

Best regards, Raul Rivera.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:08 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

:bluewave: Has he club got a list yet of all the NLA refurbish parts that need to be salvaged.It would be 8)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:24 pm 

See the first post on page 1 of this thread, it contains two lists. The first is a list of those items that are becoming rare and should be always be saved. The second list is those items that can be refurbished by the club for resale. Both lists are updated as needed so that you only need refer to that first post to see the current, up to date list.

Is that what you are asking?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:07 pm 
TDC Member

A *new* sprint load sensing valve would not be very hard to find, since the Hyundai H100 van uses exactly the same item... they took a license on it from Girling.

1973 sapphire sprint
1976 honeysuckle RHD sprint (for sale!)
1973 pimento (now BRG) 1850

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm 
TDC Member

I believe the handbrake warning light switch is NLA so it is well worth keeping if you are stripping a car.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 pm 
WOooh,so nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:13 pm 
If i end up changing the master and slave cylinders on my TC would that be of any use to the club to re-do and if so who/where do i send it to?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:26 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
If i end up changing the master and slave cylinders on my TC would that be of any use to the club to re-do and if so who/where do i send it to?
Get them through the club, then send your old ones back in the same box. Sorted 8)

1962 MGA 1600 Mark II
1965 Mobylette SP50 (project)
2001 Rover 75 2.5-litre V6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:46 pm 
Single circuit brake master cylinders are still available for under £20 if you opt for the Vauxhall Victor part (same, ¾" Girling CV), or, as I discovered only yesterday by comparison in one of those "hang about, that looks familiar..." moments, a Volvo 340 one for a LHD car is exactly the same as the dual-circuit Dolomite part, or fit a RHD one and attach the pipes at the other side of the barrel. Those are currently around £24 from several online Volvo parts people. Pre-'85 for imperial female unions, or make pipes with a metric union at the cylinder end and use a post-'85 one. 8)
Here's an image of one, note the brand name on the box:
LINK HERE

So old ones could be donated as core units, to be reconditioned for people who won't buy parts unless they state "Dolomite" on the box and cost four times as much. :wink:

I expect to find more bits of the little Dutch car that can be recycled in a similar way. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:10 am 
Affter three years of stashing a lot of the parts on the list and no one ever asking for them im going to have a clearout this week so out will go Wiring connectors,Washer jets, bonnet locator rubbers, Front screens Rear screens (non syndyn), Wheel nuts,
rear suspension lower arms,lots of Nylon quarterlight 'bearings' and lots of other parts are going to make space unless anyone wants them all, collection only.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm 

I'm surprised you have front screens, I've sold 6 and used 1 myself since I made this list. Rear screens, only one has moved. Everything other than the glass I'll give home to in 6 weeks if you can hang on and no one else wants 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm 
I presume it's worth me checking for these parts on that dolomite at the local scrappers then?

I'll nip down tomorrow and see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:22 pm 
Quote:
Single circuit brake master cylinders are still available for under £20 if you opt for the Vauxhall Victor part (same, ¾" Girling CV), or, as I discovered only yesterday by comparison in one of those "hang about, that looks familiar..." moments, a Volvo 340 one for a LHD car is exactly the same as the dual-circuit Dolomite part, or fit a RHD one and attach the pipes at the other side of the barrel. Those are currently around £24 from several online Volvo parts people. Pre-'85 for imperial female unions, or make pipes with a metric union at the cylinder end and use a post-'85 one. 8)
Here's an image of one, note the brand name on the box:
LINK HERE

So old ones could be donated as core units, to be reconditioned for people who won't buy parts unless they state "Dolomite" on the box and cost four times as much. :wink:

I expect to find more bits of the little Dutch car that can be recycled in a similar way. :lol:

Great information. It might be worth having a 'shared parts' thread so that people can find alternatives to harder to source items (or even easy to source items)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Some of the bits do actually have a value and I need to get some money back after paying to store it all these years, these bits will hit eBay, am I allowed to, required to, definitely not allowed to ( delete as needed) mention on here when they are listed.
Hi Graham,
No problem with self promotion and sales here. There's a section for ebay related under sales and wants, just start a thread in there when you get some listings up.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next