The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:23 pm 
Chaps,

I dont know if its ok to put this in general but i know dolomite for sale .... is for dolomite for sale!

Anything bigger than a small hatchback is too big for bath and I cant park for toffee so it was this or the mx5 and seeing as I have a love for my 5 and having two convertibles is a bit excessive..... Its the Saab that's going.

Shame really I love Saabs. They have a "rightness" to them that other cars don't. There’s an addictive quality about a Saab that’s hard to explain if you’ve never experienced it

Amazing seats, good stereo, hushed motorway manors and a cabin that is so logical and beautifully lit and laid out it makes me wince when I get into one of my other cars.

I break adverts down into sections so its easier to understand and get the full picture on a car.

Quick Sum up

MOT until June 2014
Tax until July 2014
Masses of service history ( LOADS) including original bill of sale confirming spec
2 Keys
143K on the clock ( brand new replacement engine within that time)
Lots of recent work
26-32 around town and B roading and i get about 41mpg on a run!

Spec
Silver, Blue Roof, Wood, Climate ( needs gassing - yes really... its had a new compressor!), Fast, full of leather and the roof goes away with the touch of a button when its sunny!, USB input Ipod compatible stereo, can genuinely seat four and has a decent boot.

Mods

Abbot Racing Exhaust
Abbot Racing ECU
Koni Springs and dampers
Viggen Rescue kit ( essential brace kit to stop bulkhead issues and stops the car having terrible scuttle shake)
High Flow Rad
Sports Cat
Aero Wheels

He spent £3800 at abbott racing alone! throwing the catalogue at it!

History and recent work

I got the car and went about sorting small niggles and light imperfections that would otherwise bother me , took it upto dannys garage and had a good poke around ordering bits for anything that needed replacing or anything that might be needed for a future mot

Recent

Full Service last month including sump drop and strainer clean and replacement of sump plug with a magnetic one
Replacement Turbo
Front track rod ends
Exhaust clamp -
MAF
Internal temp sender for air con
Badge centres
Gearbox Oil Change
Ash tray ( would stay open! )
Washer bottle sensor
SID fixed! no pixled display on this car.

History

Alot of work undertaken by concept saab over the years.

In 2004 the car had a brand new engine! at the cost of £3268
Other notable stuff included microswitches for the roof
Throttle body
Ignition cartridge
All the servicing
and the rest. too much to list, ive already had 3 pints so I'm getting bored, come look at it and read the document I feel sorry for the previous owners wallet.

Rolling Chassis

Drives without fault
Good MPG
Handles well
No knocks or bumps or clunks

Engine

Now running approx 205BHP going by the abbot racing website
Very healthy indeed
No smoke
Very quiet
Pulls well

Interior

Boot great
Rear seats great
Front seats great
Dash is fine
Has a stereo with Ipod connectivity with excellent speakers.
Roof could do with a clean but is presentable enough and doesn't leak at all nor does the car steam up

Bodywork

Recently waxed looks very presentable as the pictures show
Little bubbles of surface rust on inside and rear edge of rear driver side arch otherwise rust free.
Dinks consistent of a car that is 13 years old but overall very good

Points to note

Plugged it into OBD2 and it had a maf sensor error - bought a used maf - ECU light went out but the car felt sluggish and didn't pull correctly - unplugged it light came back but the car drives perfectly - I might get the MAF cleaner out at the weekend and have a play but frankly.. Ive left it so far. I wondered if its to do with the fact it has an abbot racing ecu and doesn't use MAF readings?

Sometimes the roof stops mid way up because it catches lightly on the tonnu cover and stops as a precaution - press the button again and it continues on its merry way back up. its rare this happens but I would rather mention it.

As i said before - The air con needs re gassing - but if its hot why the hell haven't you got the roof down!

Pictures And a Video..Sorry about the bird poo on the front bumper!

[video]http://youtu.be/T7liImPwXzQ[/video]

Car is located in bath - 45 minutes from A303 or about 30 minutes from M4/M5

£1350 - No offers.