The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:16 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I wasn't well enough to get more involved yesterday sadly. I did my best to get folks to be a bit more concilliatory
but sadly too little and too late.

I'm afraid the original good intentions of the f-b group set up by Col Hughes have not been continued by its current moderator. He called it wrong and despite my attempts to get him to see reason has rather pulled posts to hide unreasonable behaviour and this appears to me to be an attempt to limit damage to his own reputation, and the other moderators of the group were not around to call him out in time and argue for a more reasonable approach.

I'm sure we can all cool down over this in due course but I am pleased about the new TDC f-b group.

I really don't understand why there is such a negative attitude to the TDC in some circles. It is completely unwarranted.

Jonners

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
James left on his own accord
No he didn't.

I was conversing with James at the time, both of us were also online and equally astonished at the events as they unfolded; he was blocked by the admin, as was I moments later.
He was asked to stop posting and then removed himself which is why his name went grey for a while, he was then temporality blocked from posting.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 pm 

Quote:
James disagrees with your statement in a post on another thread.
Could you link me to where James has disagreed with me because I can't find it?

Cheers ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think it's time to draw a line under all this and move on now. Every Dolly/Tolly/FWD owner is welcome to use this forum and our official Facebook page, safely and without fear of ridicule. Let's keep our hobby friendly and fun for everyone and let's all work together to promote ownership and preservation of these great cars.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:05 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
James left on his own accord
No he didn't.

I was conversing with James at the time, both of us were also online and equally astonished at the events as they unfolded; he was blocked by the admin, as was I moments later.
He was asked to stop posting and then removed himself which is why his name went grey for a while, he was then temporality blocked from posting.
Hang on, can I just comment here. No, no one asked me to stop posting anything. What I was doing at the time was writing the spares update and at the same time promoting the club when suddenly I found myself blocked. No one even had the decency to even speak to me.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:08 pm 
TDC Member

Then I find myself accused of thing I haven't even said or done. The only comment I ever made on those threads was to answer a question about price. Exasperated to say the least.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3