The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 pm 
TDC Motorsport Registrar

Quote:

Coming back to Facebook, cheers for the background Steve, now that I know that people are getting kicked off that Facebook group because just one person effectively controls it, and is having a hissy fit then I'm out as well.

I was not at all happy with the attitude shown in that Facebook thread at all. As I see it, if you want club parts, and you want a 'discount' then you join the club, it's quite simple, and is exactly the way that every Kickstarter project works for example. A club like TDC needs membership income to be able to produce parts for its members using the resources available to it; when that Facebook Group manages to get something remanufactured, I'll reconsider my opinion.

Easy way to join the official TDC Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialTDCgroup/

Exactly, very well put!

I was absolutely disgusted and appalled by both the tone and language displayed on the FB post in question aimed directly at persons from our Club.

I have left that other group and joined one that I know will be run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts , ethically and justly, for all the right reasons.

Many thanks to all concerned for setting it up!

Onwards and upwards!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 am 
TDC Member

When our new FB page is up and running can we have a clear announcement so I dont miss it please ? :)

Tony

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 am 
TDC Member

Just testing for size

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:16 am 
TDC Member

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:19 am 
TDC Member

There are two thumbnail sizes:

'Thumbnail' 180x180 pixels maximum

'Hotlink' 1200x1200 pixels maximum

And I'm afraid that only the TDC website admin can change the default if everyone prefers the bigger one.

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:21 am 
TDC Member

Though is this an excuse to keep posting your nice looking Dolomite Tony? :lol:

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Thumbnails are fine if they are clickable to a larger image, especially if they keep costs to the Club down.

The Club doesn't have the advertising revenue of Facebook to subsidise gratuitous picture hosting, but then neither will the Club claim copyright of any picture posted either ;-)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:45 am 
TDC Member

This a rare one of it being washed lol. I like that size youve done there :thumbsup:

Tony
Quote:
Though is this an excuse to keep posting your nice looking Dolomite Tony? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:

Alun and James have been fired, Jeroen and I quit in protest! Steve

James left on his own accord (or it may have been an Acclaim)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:38 am 

Quote:
I was absolutely disgusted and appalled by both the tone and language displayed on the FB post in question aimed directly at persons from our Club.

There wasn't any 'language' aimed at any TDC member.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:59 am 
TDC Member

Quote:
Quote:

There wasn't any 'language' aimed at any TDC member.
Poor language does not necessarily mean swearing though, does it? Also, James disagrees with your statement in a post on another thread.

I read the entirety of that post before it was deleted by the group's main admin, and therefore fully aware of what was said. Either way, it really does not take a high IQ to see that they really do not like TDC and go out of their way to criticise the TDC and it's operation, and not for the first time either. It's their group, clearly they can do and say as they please, and likewise, anyone can be an apologist for the admin as much as they like, but I have left that group and encourage others to do likewise.

I'm here for the great cars, a nice hobby keeping my own car on the road, and being a member of a club whose sole purpose is to help me in that pursuit, let's keep egos out of the mix.

Edit: Typo

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:30 pm 
TDC Member

So with a club FB page, I assume only club members are accepted to join, is that how it will work?

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:39 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
So with a club FB page, I assume only club members are accepted to join, is that how it will work?
Just like most of this forum, open to all, why not join? https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialTDCgroup/

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm 
TDC Member

Request sent. I looked for it after reading all the posts etc and have sent a request to another group with similar initials :oops:

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
James left on his own accord
No he didn't.

I was conversing with James at the time, both of us were also online and equally astonished at the events as they unfolded; he was blocked by the admin, as was I moments later.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next