The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Pirelli tyre fail
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

I think Dougal has had a pretty rough welcome from the forum. I am pleased to see that he is on here contributing to the debate and I hope he hasn't been put off coming back in the future. I certainly appreciate what his business has to offer classic car owners.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:36 pm 
Well I understand that lots of forums, and people on forums don't like any commercial entities like myself posting. And i sort of get that. However my hope is to let you know about what is out there, and with the current CN36 tyre that Pirelli have just produced, i would suggest that is all round great news for the Dolomite fraternity to not only be able to buy a period tyre for the first time for a long time, but this is actually one of the OE tyres. Weather you choose to value my opinion about period carcasses being more suited to cars like this, or my view on inner tubes is up to you.

My Dad does own a Sprint which i drive and have had an attempt at racing. Hopefully there will be more from our car this year. I hope to get my Dad out in it.

The reason we have the Dolly is because when i was a young lad my Mum had a Sprint as a company car, and my Mum didn't used to hang around in that thing. and my Dad used to thrash it over hump back bridges, so if you ever come across one with 2 bumps in the roof over the back seat there is a chance they were made by me and my brothers heads. And let me tell you when you are 7 years old an over drive switch is epic. as kids me and my brother thought it was ace, and my kids love it today. I let them do the switch when i'm driving so they can feel the surge and they think it is brilliant.

I have also raced a TR2 which i loved https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPRxT9jw1w

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:37 pm 
P.S.

Thank you for the kind words Nick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm 
TDC Cheshire Area Organiser

Quote:
I think Dougal has had a pretty rough welcome from the forum. I am pleased to see that he is on here contributing to the debate and I hope he hasn't been put off coming back in the future. I certainly appreciate what his business has to offer classic car owners.

I will second that, in no way did i feel pressured to buy from him. Everyone has their own opinions.
So yes welcome Dougal as you were only telling us what is out there :D
Cheers,
Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:20 pm 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Well I've just ordered my van tyres from Dougal's place, best value by far!

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm 
Quote:
Well I've just ordered my van tyres from Dougal's place, best value by far!
Please post pictures and let us know what you think. Even if you think they are rubbish (which i'm sure you won't) because if they don't work i want to know.

I do have some of the earlier Cinturato CA67 tyres on one of my cars and they lovely. the handling is light and pin point accurate. However they are on this car:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm 
TDC Member

Nice, and it does have some Triumph mechanicals going on under the pretty!

I've no objection to commercial posters, far from it, as long as they make it clear when they are posting in that capacity. If only there were a few more such suppliers who were willing to do so, I think that a lot of good would come out of it for the consumer/supplier relationship overall.

You Youtube videos are really funny as well Dougal!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3