The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Rally? What rally?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:37 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

It really annoys me that our once great round of the wrc has been reduced to a provincial blink and you've missed it affair. But it annoys me even more that there is absolutely no coverage of it on TV this year. Perhaps there is on Sky but I'm not on benefits so can't afford that :fuming:

Tinweevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:07 pm 
If you search youtube/google vids there's probably some footage of the old days, when it was a proper rally! alternatively look for coverage of the Roger Albert Clark rally from a couple of weeks ago - pretty much a revival of the proper RAC and restricted to 2WD cars :) :twisted: :)

I'm an ardent rally fan, and haven't watched any of the recent WRC coverage, seeing as ever since ITV got hold of the rights it's gone steadily downhill :(

Post subject: The old days
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:25 pm 
It s a shame but the RAC of old started to go down hill once they dropped the overnight stages. We used to leave work in B'ham at 5.30, drive up to Kielder or Penwhatsit and sit in the forest with a bottle of non alchoholic Bells to keep warm and then drive straight back to work the next morning. Those were the days! I agree that the Roger Albert is much more like rallying should be - well worth supporting. Might do it myself one day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:50 am 
You guys obvisouly don't live in Wales.

Me and Rich pulled up at a petrol station tonight. His car has half an exhaust (a s##t box £80 Micra) and mine is half primer!!! Plus doesn't have a tax disc (even tho its taxed as of yesterday) and there was like 4 unmarked Police cars there... None taking and interested... Then on the way home we saw two police bikes watching all the traffic... The Wales Rally GB is well and truly here... :P I won't try and slide infront of a grey car again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:44 am 

bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger.

I forgot all about the Roger Albert Clerk!

Chris, if you have a go and need a spanner monkey drop me a line.

Tinweevil