The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:49 am 
Hello!

Just got a Sprint and plan to use everyday. I have had Heralds over the last 15 years and more recently a MKII GT6 which was great fun! But had to sell a year or so ago as lost the garage she was in....
Now got another garage! :D
Quickly got classic car withdrawal symptons and love the idea of a true practical classic that will see me do a round trip of over 50 miles a day in relative comfort. Getting bored of my modern Golf, so plan to ease the Sprint in gently and then when the Sprint is reliable (yeah right), sell the golf.

Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:21 pm 
Hello and welcome. :)

Great to hear you are going to be using the car for it's intended purpose. Glad to have you with us. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:32 pm 
TDC Member

Yes, and a belated welcome from me too!

YB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:02 pm 
Hello, welcome and well done on buying a Dolomite to use, rather than as some sort of sterile trailer quean. :wink:

I only bought my '72 auto in October 2008, total mileage was then 40,000. Total mileage is now above 70,000 and that car has never failed to complete a journey, some of which have involved 400 mile trips in one hit. Sure, there have been some very minor issues but the only modern car I ever bought needed a lot more and wasn't dependable.
The Sprint should surely be at least as good for daily work as a bog-stock Dolomite and if you treat them right, they won't let you down.

Buy lots of Shell Ensis fluid (number five if you can get it), pour it into every possible place that rust could hide and even in areas that use salt, the odd winter won't hurt it. 8)