The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:58 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Yesterday, I worked the entire afternoon with my mate on his red sprint. Then for a little testdrive, awesome :D
Hoi Timon,

I'm one of the previous owners of your friend's red Sprint. I'm from the Netherlands too and I'm (still :roll: ) restoring my tahiti blue Sprint that I’ve owned since my early twenties.

Good luck with your search for a Dutch Dolomite, there are a couple more for sale, maybe even a Sprint in your price range. I have to check with some friends…

Greetz,
Ronald

www.triumphowners.com/tahitisprint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:07 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Yesterday, I worked the entire afternoon with my mate on his red sprint. Then for a little testdrive, awesome :D
Hoi Timon,

I'm one of the previous owners of your friend's red Sprint. I'm from the Netherlands too and I'm (still :roll: ) restoring my tahiti blue Sprint that I’ve owned since my early twenties.

Good luck with your search for a Dutch Dolomite, there are a couple more for sale, maybe even a Sprint in your price range. I have to check with some friends…

Greetz,
Ronald
A sprint in my price range would be awesome!
Heard R. about the previous owners of his red sprint. Awesome to have such a community :D Heard that there will be a meeting in november? Hope I can visit that one :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 pm 
Quote:
Ok, will keep that in mind. A sprint engine is always an option for more power, but would rather turbocharge the current engine (yeah I know, difficult/expensive, but fun :P )
:funny: :funny: :funny: :rofl4:

Jeroen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxZ9cnb9W8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Ok, will keep that in mind. A sprint engine is always an option for more power, but would rather turbocharge the current engine (yeah I know, difficult/expensive, but fun :P )
:funny: :funny: :funny: :rofl4:

Jeroen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqxZ9cnb9W8
hehe, to much boost :P

BTW, anyone going to Spa next weekend, for the Six Hour race? I'll be there, hopefully with my mate and his red sprint :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:32 pm 
TDC Member

Timon, I’ve asked my friend if his Honeysuckle Sprint will be available. He’ll think about that, so keep your fingers crossed…

Other option: this ’74 carmine red Sprint hasn’t moved for a couple of years, but there is some history and comes with a spares (or repair) ’75 1850. Price is not too bad (at € 1950 for both, maybe you can haggle :wink: ).

I might be at Spa this weekend to watch the 6h race, not sure yet if I can make it. But you guys need to take lots of pictures and post them up here! I’d love to see the red Sprint in action too. This is R’s Sprint when it was in my possession:

Link to the November meeting

Greetz,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm 
Quote:
Timon, I’ve asked my friend if his Honeysuckle Sprint will be available. He’ll think about that, so keep your fingers crossed…

Other option: this ’74 carmine red Sprint hasn’t moved for a couple of years, but there is some history and comes with a spares (or repair) ’75 1850. Price is not too bad (at € 1950 for both, maybe you can haggle :wink: ).

I might be at Spa this weekend to watch the 6h race, not sure yet if I can make it. But you guys need to take lots of pictures and post them up here! I’d love to see the red Sprint in action too. This is R’s Sprint when it was in my possession:

Link to the November meeting

Greetz,
I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
Already mailed the guy with those 2 dolly's, but he hasn't replied to my mail. Maybe I could call hem. Do you know anything about the history of that carmine sprint?
I don't have a camera, but will make rico take lot's of pics :P

ps. nice pic of the red sprint :D

GreetZ!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:13 pm 
TDC Member

PM'ed :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
Quote:
PM'ed :wink:
And back :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:19 pm 
Sadly I'm not going to Spa, no transport and I'm trying to figure out which education I want.

Does anyone know if a RHD sprint can be converted to LHD? Friend of mine has all the parts, but I need know if it is possible :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:04 pm 
Hoi Bowler,

Ook ik ben in de race voor een Dolly, ik ben echter op zoek naar een mooie Sprint.
Heb jij je auto al gevonden?
`t Wordt wel een Hollands onderonsje hier!

The Dutch take over the Dolomite forum :mrgreen: ok, only this topic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:16 pm 
Quote:
Hoi Bowler,

Ook ik ben in de race voor een Dolly, ik ben echter op zoek naar een mooie Sprint.
Heb jij je auto al gevonden?
`t Wordt wel een Hollands onderonsje hier!

The Dutch take over the Dolomite forum :mrgreen: ok, only this topic
Hey Cooper,

haven't found a sprint/dolly yet. If possible, I would love to have a sprint, but I have to be realistic, meaning that a full body restoration just isn't possible atm.
If I have to work on my car, it'll be outside, or at my parents house.

Do you know any decent 1850's, or perhaps a sprint with not to much work?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm 
I dont know any 1850`s here in Holland except the ones on Marktplaats and Gaspedaal.
I`ll try to find a descent Sprint here but it seems to be a mission impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:45 pm 
Maybe this is something for you;
http://web.me.com/robderoos/Te_koop_Tri ... int.html#0