The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi All !!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:18 pm 
Having looked at this site frequently over the past couple of years - I've finally joined!! YAY !

My first car back in the early 80's was a 1300 Toledo, reg CRE 792K. I always aspired to getting a 1850 or sprint but it never happened. Today, fast approaching mid life crisis :woohoo: I'm seriously considering taking the plunge - but it's just gotta be a sprint !!!!! Any pointers appreciated!

One thing I have noticed over the years (might be me?) the same ones come up for sale?? Also, why oh why are some advertised on ebay? Are they really dog rough or am I missing something???

Anyways, I really hope to chat/meet some of you in the future? I'm in Staffordshire if of use.

Best regards,

Dazzer

Post subject: Re: Hi All !!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm 
Enthusiast cars do tend to pass through owners fairly quickly. Its not always thats its a bad car it could be that the owner just wants a change of scene or just a different one of the same make. Some people may sell on a car they view as being too good because they want something to work on. Its all cats and dogs really.

To be honest I wouldn't count a car out just because ive seen it for sale a few times, just use a bit of common sense don't buy blind, ask questions, have a test drive and generally be thourough before parting with cash.

Do as I say not as I do as I bought my 1300 unseen knowing it had very little MOT and needed quite a lot of work. Saying that yes it did need more than I first thought but I don't regret it and at least having put the work into the car I know it well and thats it is well.

Paul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:50 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Hi Dazzer

I'm in Stourbridge and looking at serious fleet reduction due to relinquishing my licence through health problems.

Amongst my Dolomites I have a carmine red Sprint that has been off the road for a couple of years but its not dog rough. Needs a polish because its oxidised but the bodywork is otherwise fairly tidy. For MoT it will need an indicator stalk, front tie rod bushes and a small plate to driver's footwell as a minimum; I've not scrutinised it recently, but am confident it would return to roadworthyness easily.

You are welcome to come and have a look; I've yet to do the work partly because of the debilitating nature of my symptoms at times and I've been kept busy as a self employee recently. The latter is about to change so I may drop on to this to keep me busy in the new year. However, with the work done and a ticket and a polish the car will be well into four figures, as it is it will be less than four figures....

Send me a PM if interested...

Alun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:04 pm 
Hi Paul and Alun.

Many thanks for your replies.

Alun I will be intouch shortly if this is still ok.

Regards,

Daz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Where in Staffordshire are you?

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 pm 
Hi,

Thanks for asking, I'm in Blythe Bridge, if you are close?? Looking at your profile, are you Buxton way ??

Regards,

Daz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Hi Daz, I'm in Mow Cop so other end of the city. I'm the Staffordshire Area rep so it's always good to find fellow locals who are either into the cars or looking to find one. I can certainly assist if you need any advice or just want a Dolomite related chat.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:04 pm 
Hi Mark,
Mow Cop - I know it well!! I have family in Kidsgrove :shock: I also work in Milton, which isn't a million miles away.
A good old rattle would be superb. Please let me know when you've the time or I could pop over if you like.

Thanks, appreciate your reply.

Daz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
Hello Dazzer,
I should have a look at this one;
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15986 , a nice magenta one!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:34 pm 
Thanks for that Cooper ! I've just spent a tad reading the restoration that Mart did. Stunning, nothing less!!! :eyes4u:

I really would cry if I had to sell a doll like her.

Cheers,
Daz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:27 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Ah but Mart is a machine, he's used to it by now. :lol:
Does it 100% have to be a Sprint? Jonners has a decent 1850 up for grabs iirc...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:10 pm 
Hi Oli,
Thanks, but yep, 100% Sprint it does need to be :D
I think i've just realised why nobody takes me seriously :idea:

Daz