The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 pm 
Hi Grahame. Well done. T

here really is no cure for Dolomite ownership, it'll always strike again at some point.

Ken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Welcome to the House of Fun :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 pm 
Welcome Graham, please can we see some pictures of your new car? We like pictures on here, even though most of us can read the words. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm 
welcome, got any photos you could upload.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 am 
Looking lovely in Carmine there Graham. Welcome to the forum! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 pm 
Quote:
....What have i done?? :shock:
Outbid me for one thing, snapped up a really good car for another. :lol: :thumbsup:

It's great to know that the car is going to someone who'll love it, and it has to be that very rarest of things; an eBay car that looks much better in reality than even the fairly promising pictures on the listing suggested it would be.

Seriously, congratulations on having won it, I'd probably have had it if the seller had been prepared to take my offer when I went to see the car. Ironically, they turned down an offer of more than the winning bid price, doubly satisfying for me, a true bargain for you. Again, well done and welcome to the forum. :mrgreen:

So very few Sprint autos left now, some day I'll find one. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:17 pm 

Hi Graham, so good to see another Sprint auto and talk with it's owner. Quite a few on here now, we'll be tripping over ourselves! There's you, me, Malcolm..err..mmm..anyone else? :lol:

Looks a lovely car..which county of this green and (sometimes)pleasent land do you reside?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 pm 
Hey no, don't be apologising for snapping that one up, especially not if the sills aren't as sound as I'd assumed they were when I failed to poke holes in the jacking points or soffit sections with my plastic poking tool :shock: . I did spot a couple of local areas of "metal of uncertain soundness" just ahead of the rear arches, and it occurred to me that they'd need attention at some point.

I was tired after driving down in one hit though. That'll do as my excuse for not seeing the rust.
:lol: