The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:26 pm 
Hello all...

I've got a corking little Toledo that I love very much but after a spell at the garage it just does not feel quite right any more!!! Is there anybody in the Surrey area (I'm near Chertsey) that can come and have a natter and a little spin in my motor and let me know what you think (I'll throw a few beer vouchers your way for your troubles)...?!

I really am a little dismayed as I just want my little motor to be back on form...!!! Any help/advice/personal opinions would be hugely appreciated... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 pm 
What exactly feels wrong?
What did the garage do to the car?
I'm not that far away but probably not knowledgeable enough to be of much use. Jonners isn't far from you and knows the Toledo and Dolly cars inside out, but don't want to speak on his behalf and presume he would have the time.

Last edited by alolympic on Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 pm 
The engine doesn't seem to have the urge it once did and I'm still convinced the clutch has been set up incorrectly... :roll: It just doesn't feel right...!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:05 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I'm sure I could find the time to have a look.
If I can wangle working at home I usually do it in Thursday.

Keep it in mind...:-)

PM me for contact info. Then I can let you know whats what time wise this week.

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 am 

When you set a date drop me a PM and if possible I'll drop round with a healthy OHV clutch for comparison. Can't promise as a relative is in hospital at the mo so free time is spend pounding the M40.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:44 pm 
Thanks a million chaps I will get in touch soon so we can have a chin wag and give my car the once over (don't be too cruel about it...!!!) it so desperately needs... Ta-ra for now and thanks again... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 pm 
TDC Member

Any progress with this ?

1980 Vermillion Sprint - 174bhp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm 
Hey there... This did finally get sorted although I am still not sure why it was such a frustratingly drawn out affair...?! I have yet to meet the wonderful folks who offered their help through this forum but I hope to do so soon (when my car is not so embarassingly grubby!) so they can give my Toledo the once over... :wink: