The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Insurance (sorry!)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:25 pm 
Nope!

Only reasons i ended up with a dolomite was A) because it was local, and B) because it only cost me £100

I'd rather just wait than sell it on, its got great history.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:01 pm 
Im in the same boat as you, i'm 18 and currently struggleing to get a decent quote on my 1500 dolly. /:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 pm 
Don't worry Heppage - 17 coming this September and scouting for an 1850HL, I will have a harder time than you don't worry! Best quote I've had £1900, then again it's in a double door locked garage off the road in a small English village so with 5000 miles per year, so!

Tim

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 pm 
My insurance has dropped for no reason now anyway. 1900 is good for such a large engined car, my 1000cc mini was 1700 quid, and anything normal and modern was more than 3k.

Dolly has dropped to £1300, but ive run out of money and thus i havent worked on it for ages. (Mainly due to buying a P6 by accident)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:26 am 
Quote:
Don't worry Heppage - 17 coming this September and scouting for an 1850HL, I will have a harder time than you don't worry! Best quote I've had £1900, then again it's in a double door locked garage off the road in a small English village so with 5000 miles per year, so!

Tim
What insurance companys are you finding the best so far?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:10 am 
For provisional Collingwood Learners is good, then it's sort of Flux Direct who are giving me a quote around £2000 I think, but I haven't rung anyone up individually and all to get a quote over the phone and see if it's lower.

Tim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 am 
TDC Member

Quote:

Tim
Oddly, sometimes it's cheaper on the drive (less chance of burning a garage down? :P) with some insurance companies. Worth trying changing a few little bits like that..

S

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:25 am 
I'll have a try and see what happens, I'll get there eventually! Cheers anywho.

Tim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:03 am 
Quote:
For provisional Collingwood Learners is good, then it's sort of Flux Direct who are giving me a quote around £2000 I think, but I haven't rung anyone up individually and all to get a quote over the phone and see if it's lower.

Tim
For learning, collingwood is the best, I'm paying a little over £700 for my 1300 toledo, 3rd party ofcourse, but fully comp was only £200 more...

Although I really havent bothered inquiring for after I pass, i'm going to tackle that obstacle when it hits me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am 
It's going to be quite a shock then! I also was going to go for Collingwood for a 1500/1850, haven't got a car yet so, shall see.

Tim