The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:03 pm 
Im glad to report Alex has now sold the car (not to the above chap) and its off to a good home.

Kind Regards

Russell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:18 pm 
Hi everyone,

Yes she has been sold and is currently on her way, the new owner is driving her home.

As I mentioned I did not take offence with any comments made, not at all. :D And yes you do have to look after potential new owners you don't want their first experience to be a disaster. We all know with filler, paint and a machine polisher you can hide a LOT! :oops:

We both finally looked at the jacking point - it was a real shame she failed - I couldn't see a thing and he found the hole by feel only - which he could just about pop his index finger thru - it was very small. Though to be fair, proves the garage were very thorough.

I drove her to the train station, my first proper long drive. She drove beautifully in the lashing rain and to be honest, had he been coming from local, I'd have probably refused to sell. But he came from far away so the deal was done.

I enjoyed my first (brief) experience with a Dolly, I may be back.... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:14 pm 
Hey Guys,

As you must have seen I didn't get the car in the end, no hard feelings I hope it went to a good home. I wanted to say thank you to everybody for helping me, I feel a bit more confident in buying a Dolomite in the future. If anyone happens to be selling one in the £1500 or less category I'd be very interested, other than that thanks again and I hope to be back here soon.

cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:21 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Im glad to report Alex has now sold the car (not to the above chap) and its off to a good home.

Kind Regards

Russell
My only foray into the BMW world was a 1996 318 bought for £500 that I owned for a year, and though it was a solid and clearly extremely well engineered car I must confess I found it a tad boring, though it did entertain me once by refusing to turn off as the ignition key span around in the lock! I had completely forgot about it so much that I didn't add it to my list of cars in my signature.

Going to miss you on the forums Russell, hope you fancy coming back to characterful cars that frequently break, and insta-rust when they hit a puddle for some excitement in the future!

PS. No offence intended to either BMW or Triumph owners with my amusing (to me only usually) over generalisations!

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3