The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:24 pm 
Wondering that I found absolute no books about this nice car except the road test collection from Brooklands and the technical Leyland stuff. Even for exots like the Gordon Keeble there was something on the book market. So is or was there anything out there especially covering the Dolomites?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:37 pm 
Yes Haynes do a manual soley dedicated to the model!!! :D

Seriously though, no I don't think there is. The nearest you can get is a series of books printed by the Dolomite Sprint Register (now part of the TDC) in the late '80's/early'90's called The Sprint in Print. Occasionally they come up on ebay.

Quality of print is not that good but good info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:29 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

There is this one...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:11 am 
Thats the Brooklands book that HolgerS mentions in his opening thread, so I guess the answer is a NO, shame I sure it would be a good seller if it carried some authority and was written by someone like Graham Robson and covered all models, development and archive photos and interviews those involved in the design and manufacture of the models.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:40 am 
Quote:
Thats the Brooklands book that HolgerS mentions in his opening thread, so I guess the answer is a NO, shame I sure it would be a good seller if it carried some authority and was written by someone like Graham Robson and covered all models, development and archive photos and interviews those involved in the design and manufacture of the models.
I totally agree. Seems I was too fastidious regarding books when I owned only the TR and the Spitfire.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:58 pm 
There's Graham Robson's book "Triumph Cars" which covers the complete history of the company.

He's done this, the Herald, Spitfire and 2000 range but not Dolly yet.

If you can find enough material to fill a whole book about the 2000 I'm damn sure there's enough for a 1300/Dolomite book.